ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applied for a PR and received a RC

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

rods
Newly Registered

Applied for a PR and received a RC

Post by rods » Fri Sep 04, 2015 7:12 pm

I created this post in order to see if there are other people out there who applied for a Permanent Residence Card (PR) and instead received a Residence Card (RC).

In order to identify some patterns, could you please provide the following:

Type of application: Non EEA alone (my case) / EEA alone / both
Application date: 18/03/2015
Acknowledgment letter date: 19/03/2015
Acknowledgment letter wording: Application using form EEA(PR)
COA date: 25/03/2015
COA wording: Application for a Residence Card (didn't note at that time :? )
Decision letter date: 24/08/2015
Decision letter provides reason for issuing the RC?: No

the details above are related to my application.

rods
Newly Registered

Re: Applied for a PR and received a RC

Post by rods » Sat Sep 05, 2015 3:19 am

Forgot to add

Have you applied for a reconsideration or review or appeal: reconsideration on 28/08/2015
Acknowledgement letter date: pending
Reconsideration decision letter date: pending
Outcome: pending

rods
Newly Registered

Post by rods » Sun Sep 06, 2015 6:40 am

So i am more convinced that my case was an adminstrative error. I have seen people o short version of COA for RC but it was sorted out later on.

Fingers crossed i will receive a letter saying it was an error from their side.

rods
Newly Registered

Post by rods » Tue Sep 08, 2015 2:55 am

For those who applied for a PR:

Did your COA explicitly mention that your application was for a Permanent Residence Card?

rods
Newly Registered

Post by rods » Fri Sep 18, 2015 6:23 am

Well I have seen the case where the decision letter is saying RC and the endorsement is PR.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/eea-ro ... 94295.html

rods
Newly Registered

Post by rods » Thu Oct 08, 2015 6:40 pm

Update

No acknowledgement letter so far. Sent another letter to the case worker on 21 September and nothing yet.

Sent an email to my MP on 6 October and it was good to know she is the Shadow Minister for the Home Office...hoping it will speed up things.

It is frustrating, but life goes on.

Jdein
Newly Registered

Post by Jdein » Thu Oct 08, 2015 6:56 pm

I have a similar situation. I have received my COA today. It states "Thank you for an application for a Residence Card" even though I applied for a PR using EEA(PR) form and explicitly stated it in my cover letter.

Type of application: Non EEA PR application after granted two RCs
Application date: 01/09/2015
COA date: 05/10/2015
COA wording: "Application for a Residence Card"

Rod, I would appreciate if you could let me know how you contacted HO with regards to this.

Many Thanks

rods
Newly Registered

Post by rods » Sat Oct 10, 2015 9:49 am

Hi Jdein,

In my case I just spotted the error after I received the RC. So the **it was already done :? My issue has not been resolved yet.

Sent two letters (28 August and 21 September) already and have not received any acknowledgement so far. Earlier this week I sent an email to my MP telling her the issue along with the two letters. Haven't heard from her yet.

Try to send an email to nweurocoarequests@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk stating the issue

Alternatively, try to write a letter to the person who issued the COA to you. The name of the person and address should be in your COA.

Please keep me posted as I really would like to know whether this was a mistake or it is a new guidance they are following.

rods
Newly Registered

Post by rods » Tue Oct 20, 2015 8:31 pm

Some update from my side:

- I haven't received any reply from the letters I sent to UKVI
- I requested a SAR using a pilot where you can get only your IT records (info they have in the CID system)
- I received the documents and noted the history of my first Residence Card
- In regards my application for a PR it seems a lot went wrong since they got my docs. The person that reviewed my docs put in the system that I did not provide photos. Well I am sure I did. They also put the info that I did not provide P60s, well I did and finally they put I did not submit any other document...well I am afraid I provided council tax, mortgage statements, letters from HMRC, etc.
- later in the process the page which should show all the checks they performed to reach the conclusion was blacked out. In order words, it was censored.
- it is also written to issue the residence card to a person with a complete different name
- and finally the last entry on 23 September shows an update, which by the way was blacked out as well, and I believe it was related to my letter and nothing has been done since

I sent a complaint and I am hoping they will provide a final and definitive answer if this was an error or not.

Nina Roche
China

Post by Nina Roche » Tue Oct 20, 2015 9:33 pm

rods wrote:Some update from my side:

- I haven't received any reply from the letters I sent to UKVI
- I requested a SAR using a pilot where you can get only your IT records (info they have in the CID system)
- I received the documents and noted the history of my first Residence Card
- In regards my application for a PR it seems a lot went wrong since they got my docs. The person that reviewed my docs put in the system that I did not provide photos. Well I am sure I did. They also put the info that I did not provide P60s, well I did and finally they put I did not submit any other document...well I am afraid I provided council tax, mortgage statements, letters from HMRC, etc.
- later in the process the page which should show all the checks they performed to reach the conclusion was blacked out. In order words, it was censored.
- it is also written to issue the residence card to a person with a complete different name
- and finally the last entry on 23 September shows an update, which by the way was blacked out as well, and I believe it was related to my letter and nothing has been done since

I sent a complaint and I am hoping they will provide a final and definitive answer if this was an error or not.
Thanks for updating.
It's horrible to know and so hard to believe how they work, with so many human errors happen so frequently. They can just say all those reasons that never exist. As they once said I did not sign up my signature and god knows I surely did...
I think as many cases have not been handling well, they probably should really reconstruct their internal process.
Please keep updating to inform all of us how it goes, as some here would apply PR in the future. Thanks!