ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Advice on filling form AN for naturalisation

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

robbiesingh
Newly Registered

Advice on filling form AN for naturalisation

Post by robbiesingh » Wed Aug 26, 2015 11:14 am

Hiya, I am filling Form AN and stuck at section 3.1 Have you ben convicted of any criminal offence in the UK or any other country? and 3.2 Criminal Conviction.

I was issued a PCN in June/2014 which got cancelled on appeal.
I also received a PCN last year for speeding on M1 but I agreed to do a speed awareness course and didnt receive any points.

I searched a lot but couldnt figure out if its criminal offense and if i should mention them.

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks

robbiesingh
Newly Registered

Help with a conviction.

Post by robbiesingh » Sat Sep 05, 2015 6:02 pm

I was stopped on the bus in 2010 using my wife's student oyster card for which I had to go to court and I pleaded guilty and paid £250 in fine. Now I am applying for naturalisation after 5 years and my just wanted to know, do I need to mention this in criminal conviction?
I am sure this question has been raised a few times but I didn't get a satisfactory reply.
Thanks.

geriatrix

Re: Help with a conviction.

Post by geriatrix » Sat Sep 05, 2015 7:39 pm

PCNs - page 24
Oyster card offence - under criminal conviction.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

noajthan

Re: Help with a conviction.

Post by noajthan » Sat Sep 05, 2015 7:45 pm

robbiesingh wrote:I was stopped on the bus in 2010 using my wife's student oyster card for which I had to go to court and I pleaded guilty and paid £250 in fine. Now I am applying for naturalisation after 5 years and my just wanted to know, do I need to mention this in criminal conviction?
I am sure this question has been raised a few times but I didn't get a satisfactory reply.
Thanks.
AN booklet is clear: declare convictions.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.