ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 4 Visa refused - overlooked document

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

josifer
Newly Registered

Tier 4 Visa refused - overlooked document

Post by josifer » Tue Sep 08, 2015 9:32 pm

Hello

I applied for a tier 4 on 10 August in Brazil. On 28 August I got my documents back and the refusal letter stating I was not awarded the 10 points for maintenance. The reason was that the caseworker considered my bank statement showing insufficient funds for the 9 months required, according to Appendix C. However, the bank statement was merely to show additional funds for emergencies and/or additional expenses. I have provided, with my visa application, a letter from the University - my sponsor - showing I have been granted a full fee waiver plus a maintenance award that is over the requested amount in Appendix C. To sum up, the caseworker considered my bank statement and ignored my studentship letter.

The letter stated I could applied for an Administrative Review and so I did. However, I am DESPERATE due the 28 days period (my plane ticket is booked for 23 September, my course starts on 1 October, I have quit my job..). Do you think I have a good chance of getting this reversed? Have you seen any similar case?

fragality
Newly Registered

Re: Tier 4 Visa refused - overlooked document

Post by fragality » Thu Sep 10, 2015 12:42 pm

Hello
I have only seen the rule that money can't be counted twice. If only the officer thought that you have already been transferred the money from your sponsor. 214 in Tier 4 Guidance.
I hope everything will be resolved. Fingers crossed

matheusm
Newly Registered

Post by matheusm » Mon Sep 12, 2016 9:08 pm

Hi josifer, I hope you were able to receive your VISA in time to travel.

I'm from Brazil as well (typing in english because it may help someone else!) and I had a very similar problem, the VISA officer overlooked my documents and refused my VISA. I sent the Administrative Review to Bogotá, it arrived there a week ago and today I received this email:

"In response to your application under the Points Based System, I have reviewed the documents and request notice that you provided.

As a result I am prepared to overturn the decision to refuse, as it appears that your application is supported by the Universidad Positivo

You will shortly receive notification of where to forward your passport so that we may grant your entry clearance."

However, I still haven't received the second email stating what I should do next. When they overturn their former decision and decided to accept your VISA, what happened next?

Did you have to send your passport to Colombia? If so, how much time did it take until the passport returned?

Or did you go to one of the VFS Global agencies in Brazil (Rio, SP, Brasilia) and they stamped the VISA on your passport?

I appreciate your help!

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Mon Sep 12, 2016 9:18 pm

English is the official language of the Board.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

matheusm
Newly Registered

Post by matheusm » Mon Sep 12, 2016 9:21 pm

Hi josifer, I hope you were able to receive your VISA in time to travel.

I'm from Brazil as well and I had a very similar problem, the VISA officer overlooked my documents and refused my VISA. I sent the Administrative Review to Bogotá, it arrived there a week ago and today I received this email:

"In response to your application under the Points Based System, I have reviewed the documents and request notice that you provided.

As a result I am prepared to overturn the decision to refuse, as it appears that your application is supported by the Universidad Positivo

You will shortly receive notification of where to forward your passport so that we may grant your entry clearance."

However, I still haven't received the second email stating what I should do next. When they overturn their former decision and decided to accept your VISA, what happened next?

Did you have to send your passport to Colombia? If so, how much time did it take until the passport returned?

Or did you go to one of the VFS Global agencies in Brazil (Rio, SP, Brasilia) and they stamped the VISA on your passport?

I appreciate your help!