ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Covering Letter for Student Visa under Tier 4 (General)

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

vikrant123
Newly Registered

Covering Letter for Student Visa under Tier 4 (General)

Post by vikrant123 » Thu Sep 10, 2015 2:35 pm

Hello Everyone,

I would really appreciate if someone can help me with the format of the Covering Letter for Student Visa under Tier 4 (General) category.

I have had a detailed search on this website, evidently found some fantastic covering letters for some other visa categories, apparently couldn't find any covering letter for student visa.

I would really appreciate if someone can help me out with the best covering letter format for Student Visa under Tier 4.

Note : I am putting my file on Sep 14, 2015, hence, would request you all to please respond me at the earliest you all can.

Your help would be much appreciated.

Regards,
Vik

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Covering Letter for Student Visa under Tier 4 (General)

Post by CR001 » Thu Sep 10, 2015 2:44 pm

Does the form and guidance ask for a covering letter? It is not mandatory to do one.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

vikrant123
Newly Registered

Post by vikrant123 » Thu Sep 10, 2015 3:01 pm

CR001 wrote:Does the form and guidance ask for a covering letter? It is not mandatory to do one.

Thanks so much for your prompt response. Apparently, its not mentioned to attach a covering letter along with the visa application form.

However, I believe that its always good to attach a covering letter to summarize about the intention to visit the UK along with describing about the list of documents attached to the application.

I have had WHM visa and Visitors visa stamped in the past and with each application I had used the covering letter, however, not finding any covering letter which makes my file as rock solid in order to facilitate ECO to grant me a visa.

Assuming ECO go thru the summary mentioned in the covering letter and it leaves a good impression.

Regards,
Vik

sah10406
Diamond Member

Post by sah10406 » Thu Sep 10, 2015 5:48 pm

vikrant123 wrote:However, I believe that its always good to attach a covering letter to summarize about the intention to visit the UK along with describing about the list of documents attached to the application.
You are mistaken. Such a letter may be part of an application for visas in some countries, but not for the UK. It is not required, not necessary, adds nothing and may actually delay or cause problems for your application.

A complete application form and the specified documents cover all aspects of the eligibility for the visa. Moreover the form specifically warns applicants not to add extra documents that the form itself does not ask for.

If the Entry Clearance Officer happened to have further questions about your application, they will call you for an interview. A covering letter would do nothing to meet that need.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

vikrant123
Newly Registered

Post by vikrant123 » Fri Sep 11, 2015 8:52 am

sah10406 wrote:
vikrant123 wrote:However, I believe that its always good to attach a covering letter to summarize about the intention to visit the UK along with describing about the list of documents attached to the application.
You are mistaken. Such a letter may be part of an application for visas in some countries, but not for the UK. It is not required, not necessary, adds nothing and may actually delay or cause problems for your application.

A complete application form and the specified documents cover all aspects of the eligibility for the visa. Moreover the form specifically warns applicants not to add extra documents that the form itself does not ask for.

If the Entry Clearance Officer happened to have further questions about your application, they will call you for an interview. A covering letter would do nothing to meet that need.
Thanks so much for your answer to my query. I have one last query, in order to cover my maintenance in the UK, I have got an Education Loan from the bank against the property held in my name, Loan Letter says amount would be released once the visa is granted.

Do I also have to attach the documents for the property held in my name, against which I have got sanctioned loan letter from the bank or just the loan letter is good enough to show evidence of my maintenance in the UK?

Waiting for your professional and helpful advice.

Regards,
Vik

sah10406
Diamond Member

Post by sah10406 » Fri Sep 11, 2015 8:58 am

See the Tier 4 policy guidance, paras 189 and 215(v)

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... -4-student
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

vikrant123
Newly Registered

Post by vikrant123 » Fri Sep 11, 2015 9:02 am

sah10406 wrote:See the Tier 4 policy guidance, paras 189 and 215(v)

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... -4-student
Thanks for your another prompt sah10406, I really do appreciate it.

If I tell you the truth, I am bit confused with the Tier 4 Student Guidance, thats why I raised this query, would appreciate if you share your personal point of view to avoid any chances of visa refusal.

Regards,
Vik

sah10406
Diamond Member

Post by sah10406 » Fri Sep 11, 2015 9:23 am

vikrant123 wrote:I am bit confused with the Tier 4 Student Guidance, thats why I raised this query, would appreciate if you share your personal point of view to avoid any chances of visa refusal.
Para 189 explains that you must provide evidence of your loan, and para 215(v) explains what that evidence must be.

It's not about anyone's personal point of view, you just need to provide what they ask for.

vikrant123
Newly Registered

Post by vikrant123 » Fri Sep 11, 2015 9:41 am

sah10406 wrote:
vikrant123 wrote:I am bit confused with the Tier 4 Student Guidance, thats why I raised this query, would appreciate if you share your personal point of view to avoid any chances of visa refusal.
Para 189 explains that you must provide evidence of your loan, and para 215(v) explains what that evidence must be.

It's not about anyone's personal point of view, you just need to provide what they ask for.
Thanks again, I have read the Para 189 and Para 215. Yes, I have a sanctioned loan letter from the Bank issued on my name as per the requirements stated under Para 215 :

The loan letter(s) from a regulated financial institution that you send us must be dated no more than 6 months before the date of your application. The letter(s) must be the original (not a copy) and must clearly show:

your name; and
• the date of the letter; and
• the financial institution’s name and logo;
• the money available as a loan;
There must be no conditions placed on the release of the loan funds to you, other than your Tier 4 application being successful.

Loan letter qualifies for all the above mentioned criteria.

However, I am not still clear with the point, as this loan has been sanctioned from the bank against the property held in my name.

******** Do I only have to submit the original sanctioned loan letter from the bank along with my visa application or do I also have to show property papers held in my name against which I have got the educational loan? **********

Regards,
Vik

sah10406
Diamond Member

Post by sah10406 » Fri Sep 11, 2015 10:02 am

The guidance on evidence is complete. You seem to think there are extra requirements that the Home Office is keeping a secret, in order to trick you!

You can also look at the Modernised Guidance on Tier 4, which is the guidance for staff who are assessing applications. It gives a little more detail about the requirements for the loan letter, but there is nothing different from the Tier 4 Policy Guidance. See page 103.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... sed-system