ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

extend student visa

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Mzah419
Newly Registered

extend student visa

Post by Mzah419 » Tue Sep 15, 2015 3:03 am

Hi, my tier 4 student visa has been curtailed and now ends 10th nov 2015. I did t pass all course work so did t carry on with dissertation on postgraduate degree.

I want to extend visa. Do I have to take another course at the same university? Is there a min,I'm type of course accepted? E.g. Can it be a short module, and are there any minimum number of credits?

Thanks

sah10406
Diamond Member

Re: extend student visa

Post by sah10406 » Tue Sep 15, 2015 12:40 pm

If a new Tier 4 sponsor (or the same one) was happy to sponsor you for further studies, you could make a new Tier 4 application in your home country.

The Sponsor Guidance IMHO confirms that you could not be sponsored for a new Tier 4 application from within in the UK, because you do not have academic progression. Some Tier 4 sponsors are interpreting the guidance to allow an exception to this for someone studying at a higher level than before, or a complimentary course, and may sponsor for a UK application.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

Mzah419
Newly Registered

Post by Mzah419 » Tue Sep 15, 2015 5:15 pm

Hello Sah
That is helpful. So I need to find a institution/university that will enrol me on a different course which is complimentary or higher.

Where is the best place to find someone to help me complete the application whilst in UK. It is very complex.

thanks

sah10406
Diamond Member

Post by sah10406 » Tue Sep 15, 2015 5:50 pm

Mzah419 wrote:Where is the best place to find someone to help me complete the application whilst in UK. It is very complex.
The application itself is actually very straightforward. No specific help is needed, although most Tier 4 sponsors provide guidance for their students on any aspects that are specific to that sponsor.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.