ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 (General) - Change of Employment

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

potatobaby_54321
Newly Registered

Tier 2 (General) - Change of Employment

Post by potatobaby_54321 » Tue Aug 18, 2015 1:52 pm

Hi, I would really appreciate if you can help me or provide me with suggestions please?

I applied for a Tier 2 (General) Visa - change of employment on 3rd August and got rejected because the employer submitted a wrong SOC Code (1251) which fall under NQF 4 instead of NQF 6. This application was done through Glasgow Premium Service centre.

Now I have received a new Certificate of Sponsorship with the SOC Code 2436 which falls under NQF6. But the problem now is that I have rescheduled an appointment with UKVI Premium Centre (Glasgow) for 24th August and I have not received my documents held by the Glasgow Home Office, despite writing to them via post on 6th August and 14th August to request for my documents to be posted back.

I have called UKVI and they advised that I only can reschedule my appointment for maximum 3 times. Now that I only have 2 more times available to be rescheduled.

I have decided not to take any administrative review as the mistake is solely from the employer side. So what should I do now?

Thank you.

birpjpt
Newly Registered
Nepal

Re: Tier 2 (General) - Change of Employment

Post by birpjpt » Thu Sep 17, 2015 8:31 pm

I am in the similar situation. Can someone please help.

I have been offered a new COS with the SOC of NQF 6, as my previous SOC was NQF 4. But in order to do that, my employer changed my job title in the company too, so I now have a new COS with new job title that is listed as NQF 6 and an increased salary.

My main query is, while going to the premium centre, will they ask the questions related to this? If yes what would be the best way to answer it?