ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Accelerate Settelment

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

tuhc

Accelerate Settelment

Post by tuhc » Fri Jul 19, 2013 12:56 pm

Hello Guys, Question for Guru's.

1) 5 full time job for 2 years.

2) 10 part time for 2 years.

Does in both scenarios we qualify for accelerate settlement ?

As i believe that as long as business giving job for 15600 hours in 3 years period to any number of employees, should qualify for accelerate Settlement please correct me if i am wrong.

Any advice much appreciated!

rahulsingh1

Re: Accelerate Settelment

Post by rahulsingh1 » Fri Jul 19, 2013 1:02 pm

Yes 15600 hours of employment creation within 3 years (Not 2 years as you mentioned) in any combination. With minimum 30 hours per week per employee.(or the hours will not be considered part of full time employment.)

tuhc wrote:Hello Guys, Question for Guru's.

1) 5 full time job for 2 years.

2) 10 part time for 2 years.

Does in both scenarios we qualify for accelerate settlement ?

As i believe that as long as business giving job for 15600 hours in 3 years period to any number of employees, should qualify for accelerate Settlement please correct me if i am wrong.

Any advice much appreciated!

tuhc

Post by tuhc » Fri Jul 19, 2013 1:07 pm

Hi Rahul thanks for your reply, sorry another one

Is it any minimum hourly rate requirement for ukba or do we hire employees on national minimum wages ?

Thanks in advance !

rahulsingh1

Post by rahulsingh1 » Fri Jul 19, 2013 3:16 pm

There is nothing mentioned about minimum rates on guidance.

And hence national minimum wages should be fine.

You can also hire full time apprentices for 1/3rd the national minimum wage I am told. Apprentices are also full time jobs in definition.

tuhc wrote:Hi Rahul thanks for your reply, sorry another one

Is it any minimum hourly rate requirement for ukba or do we hire employees on national minimum wages ?

Thanks in advance !

tuhc

Post by tuhc » Fri Jul 19, 2013 3:39 pm

As it mention in policy guideline that minimum 30 hours a week consider as one full time employment. but if a employee work 40 hours a week, does the extra 10 hours a week counted towards completing of 15600 hours ?

rahulsingh1

Post by rahulsingh1 » Fri Jul 19, 2013 3:50 pm

No it wont count -

This is explicitly mentioned in Part 6A or Appendix A i think(dont remember where I read exactly).
That per employee, anything more than 30 hours cannot be counted towards another employment creation time.

You will need to show actual 10 calendar years worth of man hours employment.

So you should have a minimum of 120 payslips to . And minimum of 10 P11s' to submit, during extension/settlement.

tuhc wrote:As it mention in policy guideline that minimum 30 hours a week consider as one full time employment. but if a employee work 40 hours a week, does the extra 10 hours a week counted towards completing of 15600 hours ?

tuhc

Post by tuhc » Fri Jul 19, 2013 3:57 pm

So its mean the total payslip goes to 240, and P11 goes to 22, if we show 5 full time employee for last 2 years.

Ent813
Newly Registered

Post by Ent813 » Fri Jul 19, 2013 4:27 pm

Hi Rahulsingh,

Very clearly stated. I have the same understanding as you.
One thing: What if we employ 1 person in the first year for 24 months but his/her employment no longer exists in the third year/at the time of extension. Although this way we have satisfied the requirement of 24 months job creation but would the fact that employment terminated after 24 months meet the requirement of Visa extension?

tuhc

Post by tuhc » Fri Jul 19, 2013 4:44 pm

Hi Ent, I believe as long as you completed the 3120 hours during any period in 3 years time, it would not be a problem during extension.

Legal83

Post by Legal83 » Fri Jul 19, 2013 4:55 pm

yes you qualify.

tuhc

Post by tuhc » Fri Jul 19, 2013 5:03 pm

Hi Rahul, its mention in Appendix A

51. The jobs must comply with all relevant UK legislation including, but not limited to, the national Minimum Wage and the Working Time Directive.

Does it mean that we could hire person below national wage as well ?

educators

Post by educators » Fri Jul 19, 2013 11:35 pm

rahulsingh1 wrote:(or the hours will not be considered part of full time employment.
You may use part time employment and add up to make it 30 hours. Please see below on page 17 of policy guidance which says:

The working hours of two part-time workers can be combined to add up to 30 hours a week or more and form the equivalent of one full-time post.

Post by top » Sat Jul 20, 2013 1:27 am

it is illegal in UK to hire any person for employment for less than minimum wage imposed... xx

webmaster11

Hi...

Post by webmaster11 » Sat Jul 20, 2013 5:57 am

hi
i am bit confused about the total number of hours. So if we employee some1 and he works 60 hours a week for a year lets say(which is like hiring 2 people as minimum requirement is 30 hours) it still will be 1 job created ?. Because when we go for extension we have to mention total number of hours right and total number of hours will be 3120 hours in that case. Doesn't it fulfill the requirement if not could you please provide me the link where i can read that in detail.
Regards

rahulsingh1

Re: Hi...

Post by rahulsingh1 » Sat Jul 20, 2013 9:29 pm

No it is not allowed- And i have mentioned that in a message above. So i dont understand why you have asked the same question again.

even if the same employee works 45 or 60 hrs per week. The employee will be counted as just ONE job created for a week.

webmaster11 wrote:hi
i am bit confused about the total number of hours. So if we employee some1 and he works 60 hours a week for a year lets say(which is like hiring 2 people as minimum requirement is 30 hours) it still will be 1 job created ?. Because when we go for extension we have to mention total number of hours right and total number of hours will be 3120 hours in that case. Doesn't it fulfill the requirement if not could you please provide me the link where i can read that in detail.
Regards

rahulsingh1

Post by rahulsingh1 » Sat Jul 20, 2013 9:32 pm

cannot compete with you in maths.

But i think even if you have 5 emp for 2 years each.

The count will still remain 120 pay slips and 10 p11s'. :)

tuhc wrote:So its mean the total payslip goes to 240, and P11 goes to 22, if we show 5 full time employee for last 2 years.

my_friend

Post by my_friend » Mon Jul 22, 2013 2:43 am

For extension application....it says....

established a new business or businesses that has/have created the EQUIVALENT of at least two new full-time jobs for persons settled in the UK;

The continuous residence period is 3 years if:

your business has created at least 10 new full-time jobs for settled people;

I may be wrong but i think there is a difference between the two...for extension.... equivalent of 2 full time post is required...so we have to complete hours...in this there is a quotient of EQUIVALENT....

but in accelerated route actual 10 new full time jobs are required...so we cannot have 5 employees for two years...we have to have 10 employees...

i maybe wrong but this is my understanding...please need advise and opinions...thanks[/u]

DangerousWolf

Post by DangerousWolf » Mon Jul 22, 2013 8:44 am

I do have similar doubt, well spotted !. I have also confusion on following point -

Let's say - Company is established in Ang. 2012 with 1 director ->
Director's VISA got approved in July 2013,

Question is - Does Employee joined in between Aug 2012 - July 2013 will be considered or not ?
------------------------------------
Change is the only thing which remains constant throughout life.

my_friend

Post by my_friend » Mon Jul 22, 2013 10:27 am

DangerousWolf wrote:I do have similar doubt, well spotted !. I have also confusion on following point -

Let's say - Company is established in Ang. 2012 with 1 director ->
Director's VISA got approved in July 2013,

Question is - Does Employee joined in between Aug 2012 - July 2013 will be considered or not ?

what my understanding says is that the employment created after entering into the category will be counted....

is there any email or number or any way we can confirm all this with ukba....

tuhc

Post by tuhc » Tue Jul 30, 2013 1:11 pm

Here we go guys, sorted the the Confusion of accelerated settlement under 10 jobs.

To reward success, an amendment is being made to enable Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) Migrants to qualify for accelerated settlement after 3 years (rather than the usual 5 years). Applicants will qualify if they have created:–

the equivalent of 10 full-time jobs; or

– at least £5 million in income from business activity within a 3 year period.

Direct link http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary

So its mean 5 full time employees for two years would be fine for accelerated settlement.

rahulsingh1

Post by rahulsingh1 » Tue Jul 30, 2013 2:17 pm

great! I had read this but did not notice the connection of equivalent of X jobs and later the X being noted as 10 in the next paragrpah.

my_friend

Post by my_friend » Tue Jul 30, 2013 4:56 pm

tuhc wrote:Here we go guys, sorted the the Confusion of accelerated settlement under 10 jobs.

To reward success, an amendment is being made to enable Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) Migrants to qualify for accelerated settlement after 3 years (rather than the usual 5 years). Applicants will qualify if they have created:–

So its mean 5 full time employees for two years would be fine for accelerated settlement.

Thanks......GREAT HELP

Kevin2014
Newly Registered

Post by Kevin2014 » Fri Aug 01, 2014 10:20 am

Hi all,

I have 2 years 3 months remaining on initial phase of Tier 1 Entrepreneur. I am looking forward to employ an apprentice for a period of 2 years. Here I have 2 questions?

1. Can I employ an apprentice to fulfill my extension criteria?
2. Did anyone get visa already by employing apprentice?

Your help will be really appreciated

Thanks,
Kev

Standard007
Newly Registered

Re:

Post by Standard007 » Wed Sep 23, 2015 7:08 am

tuhc wrote:Here we go guys, sorted the the Confusion of accelerated settlement under 10 jobs.

The link does NOT seems to be working..

Is this issue very clear now?

Would like to check if we are hiring 5 employees for minimum hours and wages for 2 years, will be considered for accelerated settlement?

Many thanks in advance.