ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Advertising material was not dated before 11th July 2014

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

reponin
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Advertising material was not dated before 11th July 2014

Post by reponin » Sun May 03, 2015 6:43 pm

Hi All,
I applied for Tier 1 Entrepreneur PSW route in 30th July 2014, visa has been refused on 22nd September on two reasons. Firstly, I did not submit current appointment report from companies house although I submitted incorporation certificate which was acknowledged by case worker. Secondly, I did not submit any advertising materials dated before 11th July. I submitted advertisement at gumtree which was placed on 17th July.
My company's website was on the web since 4th July and I submitted the screen shoot of the web pages. However, I did not submit the domain purchase invoice which was dated on 4th July.
I appealed on FTT against the decision. The judge on the hearing was not sure about the new rule of 11th July. She took 2 to 3 weeks time to respond. My impression is that the judge was convinced with the evidence for first reason which was missing of current appointment report from companies house, however it seems to me that she was not convinced about the advertising material. I have a strong feeling that the judge will refuse the appeal.
I am waiting for the judge's decision. By the mean time can I ask any expert of this forum:
1. What possible action shall I take right now while waiting for the judge's decision?
2. What option I still have in case of refusal?
3. Can I apply for any other route, such as Tier 2 general?
Thanks in advance.

innovation2000

Re: Advertising material was not dated before 11th July 2014

Post by innovation2000 » Sun May 03, 2015 7:21 pm

Hi Reponin

First of all wait for the decision from FTT.I hope you will receive good news.In worse case FTT can dismiss your appeal and then you need to apply Permission to apply to FTT for UP within 14 calender days.After that if permission will approve or refuse you need to apply to UP within 14 calender days.UP can decide on papers or can have oral hearing. If result will be still negative then in most cases all the appeal rights will be exhausted and you need to reapply within 28 days either in the same category or in a different category.
I think this whole process can take between four to six months depending how much courts are busy these days.
You can reapply in the same category on in a different category anytime until your appeal is still pending by withdrawing your appeal and reapplying on the same day.
I hope it will help

reponin
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by reponin » Mon May 04, 2015 3:09 pm

Hi Innovation2000,
Thanks for your response. I am waiting to receive positive result. However, I was offered a job in a company who wanted to sponsor me for the company to work for them. It would be so helpful for me if you briefly explain how can I be more careful this time while applying for tier 2 visa as it would be my 2nd application. And if they refuse this time I have to leave the country in 28 days. Thanks in advance.
Regards
Repon

innovation2000

Post by innovation2000 » Mon May 04, 2015 8:52 pm

Hi

First of all my prayers and best wishes with you.Secondly in relation to applying Tier2 as a fresh application in worst case is a very good idea in my opinion.All you need to make sure that the company which will sponsor must be a genuine company.Please make sure that company is running for last some years and job offered is relevant to your qualification and experience.There will be no harm to check premises,number of employees and company accounts etc.
There are very less chances of refusal in Tier 2 comparing to Tier1 Entreoreneur as many applicants are getting refusals on non point basis.But Tier 2 is still deciding on point basis so there are good chances to get visa in this category.
It is bit funny but Tier applications e.g.Tier1 entrepreneur are deciding on non point basis and in many cases applicants are being awarded full 95 points but still received refusal letters.
All the best
Regards

reponin
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by reponin » Tue May 05, 2015 8:27 am

Thank you so much for your help innovation2000

liliana_03
Newly Registered

Post by liliana_03 » Sun May 10, 2015 1:59 pm

Hi Repopin,
My visa was also rejected for the lack of evidences of marketing material before 11 July 2014, my appeal was heard on 16 April and I am still waiting for the response. The judge was neither aware of the new regulation, I am worry and preparing mentally to reapply in the same category. When was your court hearing?
All the best!!

Hi innovation,
Thanks for the information provided. Can I ask you if you know any good reliable lawyer that can help with second application. Many thanks.

reponin
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by reponin » Wed May 13, 2015 11:50 am

liliana_03 wrote:Hi Repopin,
My visa was also rejected for the lack of evidences of marketing material before 11 July 2014, my appeal was heard on 16 April and I am still waiting for the response. The judge was neither aware of the new regulation, I am worry and preparing mentally to reapply in the same category. When was your court hearing?
All the best!!

Hi innovation,
Thanks for the information provided. Can I ask you if you know any good reliable lawyer that can help with second application. Many thanks.
Hi liliana_03,
It is look like we both got refused because of the same reason. My appeal was heard at 30th April still waiting for judge's response as she admit that the new rule imposed from 11th of July is complicated to understand. So she needs time to understand the rule itself. Please share your outcome if you received. Thanks in advance.

reponin
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by reponin » Fri May 29, 2015 9:12 am

Hi All,
I have received written decision from FTT judge. She dismissed my appeal. She mentioned on the report that she has no doubt about my credibility as an entrepreneur. However, according to section 85A in the immigration law she can only consider the evidence which was provided along with the main application, therefore any evidence in terms of advertising materials which shows my business was actively trading since before 11th July will not be considered as they were not submitted along with my main application.
I have done some research on section 85A of immigration rule and found an interesting fact that the section 85A has been repealed.
Now I applied to FTT to obtain permission to go UTT. Can any one in the forum to suggest any necessary course of action needed to back up my appeal?
Thanks in advance.

naveediiqbal
Pakistan

Post by naveediiqbal » Fri May 29, 2015 11:02 am

reponin wrote:Hi All,
I have received written decision from FTT judge. She dismissed my appeal. She mentioned on the report that she has no doubt about my credibility as an entrepreneur. However, according to section 85A in the immigration law she can only consider the evidence which was provided along with the main application, therefore any evidence in terms of advertising materials which shows my business was actively trading since before 11th July will not be considered as they were not submitted along with my main application.
I have done some research on section 85A of immigration rule and found an interesting fact that the section 85A has been repealed.
Now I applied to FTT to obtain permission to go UTT. Can any one in the forum to suggest any necessary course of action needed to back up my appeal?
Thanks in advance.
Much interesting, This could be a strong ground to appeal to UTT providing that it should have allowed Judge to consider new evidence. Senior members can advise further.

We need a clear guidance in terms of new evidence under repealing of 85A. Please somebody senior advise

I have found a link that could help

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/201 ... rospective

naveediiqbal
Pakistan

Post by naveediiqbal » Wed Jun 10, 2015 8:31 am

naveediiqbal wrote:
Thanks in advance.
Much interesting, This could be a strong ground to appeal to UTT providing that it should have allowed Judge to consider new evidence. Senior members can advise further.

We need a clear guidance in terms of new evidence under repealing of 85A. Please somebody senior advise

any one please, need guidance on what implications of this. Thanks

hir123
Newly Registered

Post by hir123 » Wed Jun 24, 2015 12:40 pm

Hi

i applied entrepreneur tier 1 (Post study work) rout for 50K in team in dec 2012 and got refused in May-2013. We had appealed in june-2015. if we refuse in appeal then can i re-apply individual ? if yes then all require documents should be before 11/07/2014 including advertisement? we did trading fair in 2013. can i put trading fair documents as advertisement and what kind of documents and information should be available?

please plz plz advise.

thanks in advance

reponin
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by reponin » Thu Jul 16, 2015 7:54 pm

naveediiqbal wrote:
naveediiqbal wrote:
Thanks in advance.

any one please, need guidance on what implications of this. Thanks
Any comments or suggestion would be highly appreciated..

reponin
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by reponin » Tue Sep 22, 2015 10:51 am

Hi All,
I have received a letter from first tier tribunal saying that the first tier tribunal has refused or not admitted my application for permission to appeal to upper tribunal.
The reason they state that the judge was right to apply s.85A and restrict the evidence as that section was not repealed until 2015. The decision appealed against was made on 22 September 2014. The law to be applied is that at the date of decision and the ground is without merit.
Now what could I do to make my stay in the UK? In the letter also saying I may apply to upper tribunal for permission to appeal on a point of law arising from the first tier tribunal.
Please advice me what I can do now?

naveediiqbal
Pakistan

Post by naveediiqbal » Tue Sep 22, 2015 12:28 pm

I have received a letter from first tier tribunal saying that the first tier tribunal has refused or not admitted my application for permission to appeal to upper tribunal.
The reason they state that the judge was right to apply s.85A and restrict the evidence as that section was not repealed until 2015. The decision appealed against was made on 22 September 2014. The law to be applied is that at the date of decision and the ground is without merit.
Now what could I do to make my stay in the UK? In the letter also saying I may apply to upper tribunal for permission to appeal on a point of law arising from the first tier tribunal.

Oh sorry, its unfortunate to hear such a bad news. But, did you get the full understanding of what this section is about and what it has to do with your case. Further, I thought if it was applicable at your hearing date then it should be taken into account. What was your hearing date btw

naveediiqbal
Pakistan

Post by naveediiqbal » Tue Sep 22, 2015 2:16 pm

Further, did you involve a solicitor for your appeal to go UT. Did you discuss new scenario under s85 repealed and what did they advise you on this. Further raise a new topic in immigration board and asked for what is meaning of repelling of s85 in general and specific to your case.

raj.0078
Newly Registered

Post by raj.0078 » Wed Sep 23, 2015 7:35 pm

Any updates on this one?

reponin
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by reponin » Tue Oct 06, 2015 6:36 pm

naveediiqbal wrote:

Oh sorry, its unfortunate to hear such a bad news. But, did you get the full understanding of what this section is about and what it has to do with your case. Further, I thought if it was applicable at your hearing date then it should be taken into account. What was your hearing date btw
Hi Naveediiqbal,
sorry for late reply. My hearing date was 30/04/2015. The particular law (Section 85A) was repealed in 2015. I had permission to apply to Upper tribunal. So, I already applied to upper tribunal and hoping for the miracle to happen. Thanks

naveediiqbal
Pakistan

Post by naveediiqbal » Tue Oct 06, 2015 7:33 pm

reponin wrote:
naveediiqbal wrote:

Hi,

Good luck for your next hearing. When did you apply and when is your next UT hearing date

Regards,

Hi Naveediiqbal,
sorry for late reply. My hearing date was 30/04/2015. The particular law (Section 85A) was repealed in 2015. I had permission to apply to Upper tribunal. So, I already applied to upper tribunal and hoping for the miracle to happen. Thanks

reponin
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by reponin » Tue Oct 06, 2015 7:56 pm

I just applied to Upper Tribunal last week and was not assigned any hearing date yet. I have engaged a solicitor to deal with the matter. However, I am wondering am I going to get any hearing date from UT or they just inform me about the outcome of the case?
Regards

naveediiqbal
Pakistan

Post by naveediiqbal » Tue Oct 06, 2015 8:11 pm

reponin wrote:I just applied to Upper Tribunal last week and was not assigned any hearing date yet. I have engaged a solicitor to deal with the matter. However, I am wondering am I going to get any hearing date from UT or they just inform me about the outcome of the case?
Regards
You applied last week but your FTT hearing was on 30/4/15. Did you receive the decision from FTT late?

reponin
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by reponin » Tue Oct 06, 2015 8:30 pm

Yes The FTT decision was negative for me because s.85A restrict the judge to consider the evidence that we provided in the time of hearing.
After that we applied to the FTT for seeking permission to let us go to the UTT because s85A was repealed by 2015. But the judge of FTT did not approve the appeal because the s85A was repealed in 2015 and we decided to appeal in the FTT in September 2014.
Regards