ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier1 general dependent.

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

mihirjmodi
Newly Registered

Tier1 general dependent.

Post by mihirjmodi » Mon Aug 31, 2015 10:02 am

Hello there,

I have possibly very stupid question but I would like to clarify before my wife and my daughter coming from india to uk.

I was on Tier 1 general visa and I claim my 10 years legal stay in uk and I applied for ILR and I received it on May 2015. then my wife and daughter they both have tier 1 general visa till march 2016 so for an emergency reason they need to fly to India they are in India just now they will be back in 30 days time but my question is they come legally come back to on Tier 1 general depended visa status because I have changed my category from Tier 1 to ILR so It will going to affect them to entering in UK.

PLEASE Give me reply AS soon as you can.

Obie
Ireland

Re: Tier1 general dependent.

Post by Obie » Mon Aug 31, 2015 10:09 am

If it is noted that you have from your settlement path under the Point Based system, then they will loose the right to the part to ILR aswell.

You should have changed the to FLR (M) , once your succeeded and depending on your case, they will have to wait 5 years to qualify for settlement..
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

mihirjmodi
Newly Registered

Post by mihirjmodi » Mon Aug 31, 2015 10:31 am

Yes, That is ok but they are allowed to enter in the UK with Tier 1 General visa dependent which is expires on March 2016.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Mon Aug 31, 2015 10:36 am

In theory no. Your wife and children are no longer entitled to that visa.

However I believe the practice is, if the immigration officer is aware that you secured settlement under long residence, they allow entry under code 1A and advice the person to switch.

I don't think they will be refused entry, however they are no longer entitled to the dependent visa, due to your action of switching to long residency .
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

mihirjmodi
Newly Registered

Post by mihirjmodi » Tue Sep 01, 2015 9:15 am

Many thanks for your reply obie, your answer does really make sens to me and hopefully they will arrive in UK without any trouble.

mihirjmodi
Newly Registered

Tier1 general dependent.

Post by mihirjmodi » Wed Sep 16, 2015 9:39 am

Hello All,

Myself and my wife was on Tier 1 general visa I have claimed my 10 yerars stay in UK so I have got my ILR visa on april 2015. I want to ask when my wife will be eligible for ILR she came in UK on JAN 2010 and her Tier 1 general visa will expire on March 2016. so what I suppose to do get visa upgrade on FLRM or there is another way to process her visa on ILR because she stayed here in UK now more then 5 years.

Please Advise.

Many Thanks,

Mihir

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Sep 16, 2015 11:04 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

salwad
Newly Registered
India

Post by salwad » Thu Sep 24, 2015 2:06 pm

Hi

Could somebody please help me with this query..

I was on Tier 1 General Visa Valid till June 2016. In Aug 2015 I got My ILR base on 10 years stay in UK>

my confusion is whether my dependent wife can apply for ILR on SEt M as she already here since dec 2010.

her immigration history as

12/2010 to 06/2011 PSW dependent.

06/2011 to 06/2013 Tier 1 General

06/2013 to 06/2016 Tier 1 General 2nd exxtension.

she has spend more than two years in uk as dependent tier 1 General , is she eligible to apply for SET M . or

Any other route is possible.

Please could anyone answer this question.