ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

US Marriage to UK

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Bronco
Newly Registered

US Marriage to UK

Post by Bronco » Mon Jun 15, 2015 5:10 pm

My fiancée is a German citizen and lives in the UK since the last 25 years, she just started a new job.

I am a US citizen and live currently in the US but currently on disability benefits (blind).

We would like to get married this year but need help in which would be the easiest option to do so.

Questions:

Would it be easier to get married in the US then return both of us to the UK to live and work there?, which visas would be required and which steps would we have to take to proceed?

Would it be easier to get married in the UK and apply for a visa here for me being able to stay and work here?, which visas would be required and what steps would have to take to proceed?

Your answers are greatly appreciated.

Bronco
Newly Registered

Family Permit

Post by Bronco » Fri Oct 02, 2015 8:14 pm

Hello can anybody please answer me a few questions regarding the family permit.

My husband who is an American citizen is momentarily staying with my brother in Dublin but wants to join me (German citizen) in the UK as I live and work there since the last 25 years.

We were told by the UK embassy in Dublin that the family permit would take 2- 4 weeks? and it has to be applied online? What about the documentations etc they need, can this be emailed or does it need to be posted?

Any answers appreciated, thank you.

vinny

Re: Family Permit

Post by vinny » Sat Oct 03, 2015 1:57 am

Processes and procedures for EEA documentation applications wrote:An application for an EEA family permit must be made online, unless the applicant is applying from North Korea. Applicants living in North Korea can apply using form VAF5. For more information, see related links.
For further information on applications for EEA family permits, see related links: Entry Clearance Guidance – EUN02: EEA Family Permits.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

adedayoh

Post by adedayoh » Sat Oct 03, 2015 7:43 am

You have a better chance of getting the permit if your married, unless you have enough evidence to show that you have been in a durable relationship for 2 yrs

U.S. Citizens don't need visa to come into the UK anyway.

So I will advise, get married in America, apply for fp if u want or just travel in together since he doesn't require a visa. Once you are in apply for eea, u have more that Enuff evidence because you have been exercising your treaty rights for years.

Include your p60 for a couple if yrs and recent payslips with the application.

vinny

Post by vinny » Sat Oct 03, 2015 8:12 am

adedayoh wrote:You have a better chance of getting the permit if your married
Bronco wrote:My husband
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.