ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Indefinite Leave to Remain - English Lanaguage Requirement

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

kanwaldsingh
Newly Registered

Indefinite Leave to Remain - English Lanaguage Requirement

Post by kanwaldsingh » Thu Oct 01, 2015 12:13 pm

Hi,

I am preparing to apply for my ILR in November and have a couple of queries regarding the English language requirement.

My initial application, under the Tier 1 (General) category, was made in August 2010 and I entered the country in Oct 2010. I have had 2 subsequent extensions to cover the 5 year period required to be eligible for ILR and proven my English language during those extensions.

In readiness for my ILR application, I am slightly concerned regarding the English language requirement as I am not clear whether I can use one of my previous Tier 1 application's Points Based Calculator to show my language reqquirement. I would highly appreciate if someone, who has recently gone through the process, can advise if this is ok or have they had to get a NARIC certificate illustrate their language eligibility.

Thanks
Kanwaldeep Singh

naveediiqbal
Pakistan

Re: Indefinite Leave to Remain - English Lanaguage Requireme

Post by naveediiqbal » Thu Oct 01, 2015 7:18 pm

Just print PBS calculator from other category and select option that you have already provided english requirement with your initial application.

kanwaldsingh
Newly Registered

Post by kanwaldsingh » Sat Oct 03, 2015 9:49 am

Thanks Naveed, for the response. I just wanted to check if this option has been used by someone recently ?

naveediiqbal
Pakistan

Post by naveediiqbal » Sat Oct 03, 2015 10:15 am

kanwaldsingh wrote:Thanks Naveed, for the response. I just wanted to check if this option has been used by someone recently ?
Hi,

Yes I think so because was suggested by many users and nobody complained using it recently. It should be fine don't worry.

kanwaldsingh
Newly Registered

Indefinite Leave to Remain Application - Questions

Post by kanwaldsingh » Mon Oct 12, 2015 12:57 pm

Hi,

I am preparing to apply for my ILR in November and have a couple of queries regarding sections 6 and 12L:

1. All my absences from the UK have been because of personal visits/vacations, in light of that what is the best way to answer 6.3 What evidence has been provided to support the reasons for all absences from the UK?

2. Does the question under section 12L ONLY refers to applicants who have completed 5 years as a combination of Tier 1 + HSMP/Other Visa Categories? I have been in the UK on Tier 1(General) Migrant visa throughout, so not sure if I need to answer the question at all or whether I tick the box against : Evidence specified in section 9A of this form and leave the other question unanswered?

Appreciate your help.

Thanks
Kanwaldeep Singh

kanwaldsingh
Newly Registered

Post by kanwaldsingh » Mon Oct 12, 2015 3:07 pm

Thanks Naveed, much appreciated.

Regards
Kanwal

Macro_Run
Member of Standing

Re: Indefinite Leave to Remain Application - Questions

Post by Macro_Run » Wed Oct 14, 2015 8:51 am

If can't get any absence letter from your employer for your personal vacation. Just tick 'Other' option and explain it in the box. Mention your absence in a cover letter and attach e-tickets.
You can tick both boxes if you are continuously residence with Tier1(G).

All the very best.

kanwaldsingh
Newly Registered

Re: Indefinite Leave to Remain Application - Questions

Post by kanwaldsingh » Thu Oct 15, 2015 8:25 am

Thanks for your response. Regarding 12L, ticking both boxes does not seem to be right option. Can you shed a bit more light on why you think I should. I'd highly appreciate it.

Kanwaldeep Singh