ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UKVI lost Passport and Photographs

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

mk_kar
Newly Registered

UKVI lost Passport and Photographs

Post by mk_kar » Wed Sep 30, 2015 8:21 pm

Hello
I received letter from UKVI today stating my Passport and Photographs are missing and I need to send them latest by 9th October otherwise they will reject my visa (TIER4 GENERAL- Extension) as invalid.
I have post all my documents including Passport, two photographs and sent them by special delivery 2 days after submitting my online application.
What should I do now? Please advise me the correct procedure.
Regards

sah10406
Diamond Member

Re: UKVI lost Passport and Photographs

Post by sah10406 » Wed Sep 30, 2015 9:06 pm

mk_kar wrote:What should I do now?
Check the online tracking. If it shows your documents delivered and signed for, ignore the letter.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

mk_kar
Newly Registered

Post by mk_kar » Wed Sep 30, 2015 9:56 pm

sah10406 wrote:Check the online tracking. If it shows your documents delivered and signed for, ignore the letter.
The online status showing Information not available yet. Its been 8 days I posted my documents.

sah10406
Diamond Member

Post by sah10406 » Wed Sep 30, 2015 10:13 pm

You definitely used Special Delivery? Not Recorded Signed For?
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

mk_kar
Newly Registered

Post by mk_kar » Sat Oct 03, 2015 3:55 pm

sah10406 wrote:You definitely used Special Delivery? Not Recorded Signed For?
it was a special delivery. I confirmed with Royal mail; its delivered.
I enquired with UKVI on fone, the respondent said me its a software problem and the letter is going to everyone. He advised me to write a letter to UKVI acknowledging the letter I received and confirmation of having my Passport and Photographs with them.
The same day I got letter for biometric as well.
Hopefully everything goes smooth.
Thx

sah10406
Diamond Member

Post by sah10406 » Sat Oct 03, 2015 6:33 pm

It's the standard letter that goes out if they haven't received your documents, usually because they cross in the post.

I think you misunderstood the letter. It specifically mentions only the passport and photos being missing because they are the mandatory documents. It does not mean that they have received the other documents, but the passport and photos are missing.

edmond
Newly Registered

Post by edmond » Sun Mar 13, 2016 10:59 am

Hello, exactly the same thing happened to me in my Tier 2 visa extension application.
Could you please let me know if your case has been sorted? or what was the outcome of it?

Best Regards
Tan
mk_kar wrote:Hello
I received letter from UKVI today stating my Passport and Photographs are missing and I need to send them latest by 9th October otherwise they will reject my visa (TIER4 GENERAL- Extension) as invalid.
I have post all my documents including Passport, two photographs and sent them by special delivery 2 days after submitting my online application.
What should I do now? Please advise me the correct procedure.
Regards

sah10406
Diamond Member

Post by sah10406 » Sun Mar 13, 2016 9:26 pm

edmond wrote:Hello, exactly the same thing happened to me in my Tier 2 visa extension application.
Could you please let me know if your case has been sorted? or what was the outcome of it?
Please read my replies above. If the tracking shows your documents received and signed for, ignore the letter.

edmond
Newly Registered

Post by edmond » Mon Mar 14, 2016 10:30 am

Hell
Thanks for your reply

I have red your replies but I did not want to just assume anything about such a critical issue.
I just wanted to make sure about the case. I have sent all the documents within the time frame mentioned after the application. The tracking shows that the package is delivered by proof via signature. However, I was worried if my passport was lost within at home office after they received the package.

Best Regards
Tan
sah10406 wrote:
edmond wrote:Hello, exactly the same thing happened to me in my Tier 2 visa extension application.
Please read my replies above. If the tracking shows your documents received and signed for, ignore the letter.

sah10406
Diamond Member

Post by sah10406 » Mon Mar 14, 2016 10:41 am

edmond wrote:However, I was worried if my passport was lost within at home office after they received the package.
Don't worry. It is not.

edmond
Newly Registered

Post by edmond » Sat Apr 02, 2016 1:08 pm

I called them yesterday and they told me that although they have received my package they can not find my passport now but my spouse's passport is with them. Apparently, they lost my passport within the office.

The package was delivered on 24th Feb, and the letter, stating that I have not submitted my passport, they sent me was dated 4 March. I replied their letter on 7th March and on 1st April, they told me on phone that they have received my reply and looking for my passport.
sah10406 wrote:
edmond wrote:However, I was worried if my passport was lost within at home office after they received the package.
Don't worry. It is not.

sah10406
Diamond Member

Post by sah10406 » Sat Apr 02, 2016 1:17 pm

edmond wrote:I called them yesterday and they told me that although they have received my package they can not find my passport now but my spouse's passport is with them. Apparently, they lost my passport within the office.

The package was delivered on 24th Feb, and the letter, stating that I have not submitted my passport, they sent me was dated 4 March. I replied their letter on 7th March and on 1st April, they told me on phone that they have received my reply and looking for my passport.
In that case, when you joined this topic saying "exactly the same thing" had happened to you, that was clearly not so. OP received a standard letter about their mandatory documents, which goes out to anyone whose documents have not yet been received. Hence my assurance that everything was fine. Clearly, you did not receive "exactly the same" standard letter, but rather a personal letter about your individual case, saying your passport is missing within the Home Office.

edmond
Newly Registered

Post by edmond » Sat Apr 02, 2016 1:43 pm

Apparently, it was the same letter. Some time after my application, they sent me a letter stating that
I have not submitted my photographs and passport. It was not saying that "We received your package but your passport is missing". 3-4 weeks later they told me on the phone that they can not find my passport.

Anyway, I will deal with this ridiculous thing.
sah10406 wrote:
edmond wrote:
In that case, when you joined this topic saying "exactly the same thing" had happened to you, that was clearly not so. OP received a standard letter about their mandatory documents, which goes out to anyone whose documents have not yet been received. Hence my assurance that everything was fine. Clearly, you did not receive "exactly the same" standard letter, but rather a personal letter about your individual case, saying your passport is missing within the Home Office.

sah10406
Diamond Member

Post by sah10406 » Sun Apr 03, 2016 9:28 am

edmond wrote:Apparently, it was the same letter.
Okay. So the first letter was nothing to worry about, normal standard letter. The later matter is obviously a cause for concern. Good luck sorting it out.