ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

WHEN CAN I APPLY FOR EXTENTION AFTER THE END OF MY INITIAL

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

usmanDURRANI
Newly Registered

WHEN CAN I APPLY FOR EXTENTION AFTER THE END OF MY INITIAL

Post by usmanDURRANI » Sat Oct 03, 2015 2:01 pm

I GOT THE VISA ON 23RD SEP 2014 BUT I ENETERED UK ON 13TH NOV. MY VISA EXPIRES ON 23RD JAN 2018. CAN SOMEBODY GUIDE ME WHEN CAN I APPLY FOR EXTENTION OF VISA. I WAS TOLD I CAN APPLY 28 DAYS IN ADVANCE. NOW CAN U PLS GUDIE ME 28 DAYS IN ADVANCE FROM 23RD JAN 2018 OR 28 DAYS IN ADVANCE FROM THE DATE I ENTERED UK WHICH WAS 13TH NOV ?? PLS CAN U HELP ME UNDERSTAND

vinny

Re: WHEN CAN I APPLY FOR EXTENTION AFTER THE END OF MY INITI

Post by vinny » Sat Oct 03, 2015 2:24 pm

Apply shortly (no sooner than 28 days) before your leave expires.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

usmanDURRANI
Newly Registered

Post by usmanDURRANI » Sat Oct 03, 2015 3:40 pm

thanks viny. just to clear myself, u mean i shut apple 28 days before 23rd jan 2018??

vmai

Re: WHEN CAN I APPLY FOR EXTENTION

Post by vmai » Sat Oct 03, 2015 5:50 pm

vinny wrote:Apply shortly (no sooner than 28 days) before your leave expires.

Hi I wan to extention my visa next year but i don't know which busssiness HO accept.

vinny

Post by vinny » Sat Oct 03, 2015 11:45 pm

See also Guidance.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.

usmanDURRANI
Newly Registered

Post by usmanDURRANI » Sun Oct 04, 2015 4:20 pm

thanks again Vinny. But guidance doesn't give precise reply to me. My confusion is that i entered on 13th nov and my visa expires on 23rd jan. so apply soon means 28 days from the date i entered or the date my visa expires? the reason is that my 180 days period then starts backward from that date and hence i am worried. pls help to adv

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Oct 04, 2015 10:27 pm

It's okay to apply for an extension between Tuesday, 26 December 2017 and before your leave expires.

You may also apply earlier, if you wish. All you need is an enough extension to complete your relevant residence period in the UK, before applying for ILR.

confused90

Post by confused90 » Wed Oct 07, 2015 11:55 am

vinny wrote:
It's okay to apply for an extension between Tuesday, 26 December 2017 and before your leave expires.

You may also apply earlier, if you wish. All you need is an enough extension to complete your relevant residence period in the UK, before applying for ILR.
Thank you for that, Vinny.

I'm on the accelerated route, and have completed the requirements. My visa was granted in February 2013, valid until June 2016. When is the soonest I can apply for ILR?

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Oct 07, 2015 12:46 pm

vinny wrote:ILR.
Click on the given link for more information.

confused90

Post by confused90 » Wed Oct 07, 2015 6:16 pm

vinny wrote:
vinny wrote:ILR.
Click on the given link for more information.
Thank you Vinny. So assuming all the other conditions are met, I can apply right after I complete 3 years.

I got my visa on 19/02/2013, and entered UK on 03/03/2013 hence I can apply from the 20/02/2016 onwards.

Does the 28 day rule not apply here? So I could apply end of January 2016.

Thanks again :)

shah4404

Post by shah4404 » Thu Oct 08, 2015 4:26 pm

hi i am on tier1 50 k visa in 2014 jan my bussiness was business analysis i got visa on this but didt work now i got subway frenchise and 10 people working in it is this bussiness ok for extension as my role is director of my frenchise i have one manager as well who run subway plz reply as its not level 4 business but my role and services are above level 6 thanks