ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR postal applications (excluding 10/14 yr.)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Kmaj007
BANNED

Re: ILR postal applications (excluding SET(LR))

Post by Kmaj007 » Tue Sep 29, 2015 2:44 pm

babymama wrote:
Not me again wrote:@babymama

as i said. if i'm not wrong..!!!

I've seen few people when they got their Acknowledgement letter it says the same Ref no: which was on their last application.

I don't think its true cos I was able to get my case i.d this afternoon (I called them) and its very different from my last application.

Hmm, so its different every time, Good for you

Chidy

Post by Chidy » Thu Oct 01, 2015 9:44 am

Hi there!
I am a new applicant for ILR and my application timeline is as follows:

ILR SET (O), from DLR 3x2
Date of Postage: 28/09/2015
Date of Reception: 29/09/2015
Payment Taken : ?
Confirmation Letter dated : ?
Biometrics submitted: ?
Approval Date : ?
Date Document Returned: ?
BRP received - ?

I will update as I receive information and documents.

T1EAccelerated

Post by T1EAccelerated » Fri Oct 02, 2015 2:03 pm

Further update, as per UKBA, they are processing June 2015 applications right now, so the ones who have applied in September, we are looking @ 2-3 more months to go.

Also, interesting thing been told is that case worker is assigned before the biometric is sent and that office then send the biometric.

Those who are currently waiting, can they tell, which office address they had on their biometric, like the one of sheffield, london, liverpool etc etc.

As the timeline for each office seems to be different, those who are waiting, can they post their biometrics office location as well, to analyse which office is processing the files @ what speed.

dineshgarg58
Newly Registered

Post by dineshgarg58 » Sat Oct 03, 2015 2:23 pm

dineshgarg58 wrote:Hi All,

I have applied ILR under set (o)
Application date 3/09/15
Fee deducted 10/09/15
Acknowledgement . no
Biometric no..

My employer has sacked me on 17/09/2015 because of lack of proof of application under process and visa is expired. :(
Got acknowledgement via email on 2nd October 2015

T1EAccelerated

Post by T1EAccelerated » Mon Oct 05, 2015 11:11 am

Any new timeline or someone got the decision recently?

niczaf
Newly Registered

Post by niczaf » Thu Oct 08, 2015 10:21 am

Update on progress

Tier 1 General (1), SET (O)
Date of Postage: 07/09/2015
Date of Reception: 08/09/2015
Payment Taken : 09/09/2015
Confirmation Letter dated : Email received 06/10/2015, confirmation letter date 05/10/2015, received 07/10/15
Biometrics submitted: 08/10/15
BRP received - ?

radly
Newly Registered

Post by radly » Thu Oct 08, 2015 2:25 pm

Hello everyone out of respect for all the valuable information gained from the forum here is my timeline. It was a stressful experience due to the guidance for T2 allowing you to travel when in actual fact when they return your passports within 20 working days if your brp expired (which they don't return) if you travel you may not get back into the country. Trips were planned in November.

Happy ending as brb and approval now received. Hope this info is useful to those waiting. keep the faith!

Tier 2 General (1), SET (O)
Date of Postage: Friday 24th JULY
Date of Reception: Monday 27th JULY
Payment Taken : Friday 31st JULY
Biometrics submitted: 16th August
Date Document Returned: 4th September
Approval Date : 2nd October
BRP received - 7th October

T1EAccelerated

Post by T1EAccelerated » Thu Oct 08, 2015 4:09 pm

radly wrote:Hello everyone out of respect for all the valuable information gained from the forum here is my timeline. It was a stressful experience due to the guidance for T2 allowing you to travel when in actual fact when they return your passports within 20 working days if your brp expired (which they don't return) if you travel you may not get back into the country. Trips were planned in November.

Happy ending as brb and approval now received. Hope this info is useful to those waiting. keep the faith!

congrats and thanks for sharing your time line, it shows they have started taking on july cases as well, would you mind sharing which office you received your original biometric letter from, was it from sheffield or any other?

lisacolleen
Newly Registered

Post by lisacolleen » Tue Oct 13, 2015 9:41 am

T1EAccelerated wrote:
radly wrote:Hello everyone out of respect for all the valuable information gained from the forum here is my timeline. It was a stressful experience due to the guidance for T2 allowing you to travel when in actual fact when they return your passports within 20 working days if your brp expired (which they don't return) if you travel you may not get back into the country. Trips were planned in November.

congrats and thanks for sharing your time line, it shows they have started taking on july cases as well, would you mind sharing which office you received your original biometric letter from, was it from sheffield or any other?
Thanks for sharing that, my timeline:

Postal application (SET(O) Ancestry Visa route - sent via solicitor 11th August
Payment taken 19th August
Acknowledgement & Case number 27th August
Biometrics request 23rd September
Biometrics done & returned to HO 25th September

My application went to the office in Durham.

and now the wait begins, hopefully not too much longer! Good luck to everyone who is anxiously waiting!

quadusa

Post by quadusa » Tue Oct 13, 2015 12:27 pm

Tier 1 General (1), SET (O)
Date of Postage: 08/10/2015 - Premium
Date of Reception: 08/10/2015
Biometrics submitted: 08/10/15
Approval Date :08/10/15
Date Document Returned: 08/10/15
BRP received -12/10/15

Ritz88
Newly Registered

Post by Ritz88 » Thu Oct 15, 2015 6:17 pm

Update:

Category: SET(M) spouse of British national
Date of post: 4/08/15
Acknowledge & biometric invite received: 12/08/15 (dated 11/08/15)
Biometric enrolled: 13/08/15
Decision: APPROVED on 13/10/15
Return of documents: 15/10/15
Return of BRP: 15/10/15 (2 separate post received same day)

ahj
Newly Registered

Post by ahj » Sun Oct 18, 2015 11:05 am

Hi folks,

I will highly appreciate your advice on situation below:

- I applied for initial Tier1 G in 2011 (Employed + part Self employed). For self employment period shown to HO was accounts closing on 28 Feb (Net profit around £10k) as I was applying in March 2011. However, when the accounts were closed at end of tax period 6th April 2011 the profit dropped to around £3k due to client not happy with services received and resulted in refund of the payment received prior to 28th Feb. Tax was then paid to hmrc on the £3k profit earned on year ending April 2011, NI contributions were paid accordingly. Please note net profit for the same year shown to HO was £10 while declared to hmrc was £3, for the reason explained earlier. Will this impact on my application for ilr, I am eligible for both LR & Set(o) next year?

-In the first year of initial Tier1 G leave my earnings dropped from the required level of earnings as I could not find any business through self employment and was only employed. However I kept paying NI contributions as I was looking for business, but eventually I had to close self employment at the end of the year. Will this impact on my application for ilr?
Please note since second year of initial Tier1 G leave for last threes I am employed and meeting the earning requirements for last three years, and extention of Tier1 G was granted in 2013.

Also, what would be the best rout for to apply for ilr in this situation LR or Set (o)?

Senior members or members who have been through situation please advice/comment.

Many thanks,

Kirsty88
Newly Registered

Post by Kirsty88 » Mon Oct 19, 2015 10:51 am

Hi All,

I am new to this site but the information I have found so far has been extremely useful in trying to determine how long an application will take.

My husband applied for ILR under tier 1 general set (o) on 23rd July and his biometrics were taken within 2 weeks. He has received 2 emails stating that his application is still being considered. It is a straightforward case.

I just managed to get through to the HO and they advised that they are now processing applications for this type of visa received in July so I am hoping that we should hear something soon.

We are travelling mid December - flights were booked before I even looked into applying for his visa and realised the wait times, otherwise I would have gone for the premium service!

Good luck to everyone waiting to hear!

Kmaj007
BANNED

Post by Kmaj007 » Tue Oct 20, 2015 3:17 pm

Thanks Kristy, have a safe flight, Only if your hubby gets approved, Cheers for that useful post

boladale
Newly Registered

Post by boladale » Tue Oct 20, 2015 6:45 pm

Please, can someone help by answering these questions?
I was granted my first 3 yrs Discretionary leave in Oct 2009- Oct 2012,l applied for extension in Sept 2012,but it was delayed because of the backlog and was granted in Oct 2013 - Oct 2016.
My first question is,am i eligible to apply for ILR now since i have completed my six years (Oct 2009-Oct 2015)?
Secondly, Do i need to include photocopies of all the original documents also?
Thirdly,Do i need to include Life in the UK and English too?

Please its urgent.

Chidy

Post by Chidy » Wed Oct 21, 2015 12:19 pm

Yes, you are eligible for ILR as you have comp!eted the six year period previously required for DLR (the delay in the extension is not a problem si!mply because they did not refuse your application.)
I do not know about photocopies of documents to be included but you can read/check the ILR application guide which can be very useful.
Unless you are exempt from Life in UK test and English, you need to include them in the documents.
Good Luck with your application.
boladale wrote:Please, can someone help by answering these questions?
I was granted my first 3 yrs Discretionary leave in Oct 2009- Oct 2012,l applied for extension in Sept 2012,but it was delayed because of the backlog and was granted in Oct 2013 - Oct 2016.
My first question is,am i eligible to apply for ILR now since i have completed my six years (Oct 2009-Oct 2015)?

Please its urgent.

boladale
Newly Registered

Post by boladale » Wed Oct 21, 2015 7:14 pm

Chidy wrote:Yes, you are eligible for ILR as you have comp!eted the six year period previously required for DLR (the delay in the extension is not a problem si!mply because they did not refuse your application.)
I do not know about photocopies of documents to be included but you can read/check the ILR application guide which can be very useful.
Unless you are exempt from Life in UK test and English, you need to include them in the documents.
Good Luck with your application.
boladale wrote:Please, can someone help by answering these questions?

THANK YOU CHIDY,GOD BLESS YOU

Please its urgent.

zingalala
Newly Registered

Post by zingalala » Wed Oct 21, 2015 8:27 pm

my timelines set(o)
tier1 , 5 years stay

postal application 15sept
reached HO 16sept
payment taken 17sept
ack letter 5oct
biometric letter 7oct
biometric done 9oct
passport returned 21oct
approval letter
brp received

Kirsty88
Newly Registered

Post by Kirsty88 » Wed Oct 21, 2015 9:11 pm

zingalala wrote:my timelines set(o)
tier1 , 5 years stay

postal application 15sept
reached HO 16sept
payment taken 17sept
ack letter 5oct
biometric letter 7oct
biometric done 9oct
passport returned 21oct
approval letter
brp received
Wow this is so fast! I phoned the Home Office yesterday and they said they were processing applications received in July. Did you use a fast track service or something? What category of tier 1 did you apply under?

Congratulations for getting your visa done :D

es4348
Newly Registered

Post by es4348 » Sat Oct 24, 2015 11:01 am

HI GUYS

ive made a big blunder here. My correct full name is Eric Sharoon Shahzar. In my online application i wrote Eric Shahzar in my given names instead of writing Eric Sharoon. So my full name turned out to be Eric Shahzar Shahzar which is incorrect.

I received my BRP today and noticed this blunder with my name as Eric Shahzar SHahzar , my surname has been mentioned twice. I didnt noticed on the cover letter as well until i receoved my BRP. It is my fault because i should have checked it but the case worker should have also tried to match it up with my passport name..

anyway, i have mailed brp error and reported online on the gov.uk website too. please help me out. what will happen?

frrana

Post by frrana » Sun Oct 25, 2015 9:47 am

my timelines set(o)
tier1 , 5 years stay

postal application: SET (O) Tier 1 (General)
Date of application: 25/06/2015
payment taken: 27/07/2015
Biometrics letter received: 29/06/2015
Biometrics given: 15/07/2015
ack letter: Never received.
E-mails: Never received.
passport returned: 23/10/2015
approval letter: 23/10/2015
brp received: Will get it.

Chidy

Post by Chidy » Mon Oct 26, 2015 8:12 pm

An update of my application:

ILR SET (O), from DLR 3x2
Date of Postage: 28/09/2015
Date of Reception: 29/09/2015
Payment Taken : 30/09/2015
Confirmation Letter dated : 21/10/2015
Biometrics submitted: 22/10/2015
BRP received - ?

It is waiting time now....

smeer123
Newly Registered

Post by smeer123 » Mon Oct 26, 2015 8:58 pm

frrana wrote:my timelines set(o)
tier1 , 5 years stay

postal application: SET (O) Tier 1 (General)
Date of application: 25/06/2015
payment taken: 27/07/2015
Biometrics letter received: 29/06/2015
Biometrics given: 15/07/2015
ack letter: Never received.
E-mails: Never received.
passport returned: 23/10/2015
approval letter: 23/10/2015
brp received: Will get it.
congratulations.....were u salaried or self employed brother...?....thanks

Anushree996
Newly Registered

Post by Anushree996 » Tue Oct 27, 2015 2:59 pm

ahj wrote:Hi folks,

I will highly appreciate your advice on situation below:

- I applied for initial Tier1 G in 2011 (Employed + part Self employed). For self employment period shown to HO was accounts closing on 28 Feb (Net profit around £10k) as I was applying in March 2011. However, when the accounts were closed at end of tax period 6th April 2011 the profit dropped to around £3k due to client not happy with services received and resulted in refund of the payment received prior to 28th Feb. Tax was then paid to hmrc on the £3k profit earned on year ending April 2011, NI contributions were paid accordingly. Please note net profit for the same year shown to HO was £10 while declared to hmrc was £3, for the reason explained earlier. Will this impact on my application for ilr, I am eligible for both LR & Set(o) next year?

-In the first year of initial Tier1 G leave my earnings dropped from the required level of earnings as I could not find any business through self employment and was only employed. However I kept paying NI contributions as I was looking for business, but eventually I had to close self employment at the end of the year. Will this impact on my application for ilr?
Please note since second year of initial Tier1 G leave for last threes I am employed and meeting the earning requirements for last three years, and extention of Tier1 G was granted in 2013.

Also, what would be the best rout for to apply for ilr in this situation LR or Set (o)?

Senior members or members who have been through situation please advice/comment.

Many thanks,

Hi dear friends

I am really stressed at this point . I and my husband applied for Ilr set o on May 22 2015. Recieved letter for biometrics on 12 06 2015. Biometrics done on 26 06 2015 . Due to my husbands confusion an enquiry came on 12 08 2015 through post where the case worker required the proofs that I actually am living with my husband and she asked 3 proofs each year for last 3 years . We sent all the documents on 16 08 2015 by special delivery . We are still waiting for our Ilr . All our holidays have been cancelled . Do you guys think if it is due to the enquiry that they are delaying the processing . As it's been 5 months and 5 days since we send the application by post.

Anushree996
Newly Registered

Post by Anushree996 » Tue Oct 27, 2015 3:05 pm

Hi dear friends

I am really stressed at this point . I and my husband applied for Ilr set o on May 22 2015. Recieved letter for biometrics on 12 06 2015. Biometrics done on 26 06 2015 . Due to my husbands confusion an enquiry came on 12 08 2015 through post where the case worker required the proofs that I actually am living with my husband and she asked 3 proofs each year for last 3 years . Basically my husband forgot to post the proofs that i am in relationship with him and I live with him. We sent all the documents on 16 08 2015 by special delivery . We are still waiting for our Ilr . All our holidays have been cancelled . Do you guys think if it is due to the enquiry that they are delaying the processing . As it's been 5 months and 5 days since we send the application by post