ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

TIER 4 VISA EXTENSION FOR CFA COURSE AFTER MBA

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

kanwal.parveen
Newly Registered

TIER 4 VISA EXTENSION FOR CFA COURSE AFTER MBA

Post by kanwal.parveen » Tue Oct 28, 2014 11:59 am

Hello,

I came to UK in DEC 2010 for one year post graduate diploma in business management course. I finished the course and extended my visa in April 2012 for one year MBA course in finance from Coventry University. The visa lasted until August 2013. I sent the application for visa extension again to HO for Extended Diploma Level 8 course(Leading to PHD) in Aug 2013. I received my visa in September 2013, however I couldn't go to the college for registration and college withdrawn my sponsorship. In Dec 2013 I received a letter from HO saying that my visa has been revoked and they gave me right to appeal. I am still on appeals and the last application which I made was to the Upper Tribunals to get permission to appeal to Upper Tribunal. I am pretty sure they are going to reject my appeal this time too and I am going to left with no further right of appeal. The possible outcome of the appeal could be to leave UK or get admission within the next 60 days.

I have been looking out for courses and I found CFA is the only course where I can further prolong my academic qualification.

So the main question here arises is... Can I go for CFA course after all the sceneries mentioned above? (Keeping the think in mind that few institutions are providing Tier 4 visa to international students if they intend to study CFA in UK)

Many thanks.

Kind regards,
Kan

lilitmug
Newly Registered

Re: TIER 4 VISA EXTENSION FOR CFA COURSE AFTER MBA

Post by lilitmug » Sun Oct 04, 2015 9:08 pm

Hi Kan,

I am in a similar situation right now and would really appreciate if you could share you experience. What did you do after all?

I have just got an MBA degree. Have passed CFA level1 in June 2015 without undertaking any courses however would like to extend my student visa now by undertaking a CFA course. What is your experience with this?

Thanks,
Lil

sah10406
Diamond Member

Re: TIER 4 VISA EXTENSION FOR CFA COURSE AFTER MBA

Post by sah10406 » Mon Oct 05, 2015 12:37 pm

You can apply if

(1) the new application would not take you over the 5-year cap; and
(2) the new course starts before your current leave expires, or no more than 28 days later; and
(3) the sponsor issues a CAS that confirms the new course is Academic Progression on the previous course.

If you meet (1), but not (2) and (3), and the sponsor is still willing to issue a CAS without Academic Progression, you can apply but only in your home country.

You must of course also meet the maintenance requirements.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.