ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Main applicant & Tier 1 general dependent

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

kris.kumar83
Newly Registered

ILR Main applicant & Tier 1 general dependent

Post by kris.kumar83 » Tue Oct 06, 2015 2:50 pm

I wanted to get some confirmation about my Wife who is on Tier1 dependent(Valid until 2017). Since she came in after the recent rule change, she was not eligible to change to ILR after 2 years along with me. I was in Tier 1 General and moved to ILR in the month of August 2015. My questions are below:

Can my wife remain on Tier1 general dependant until 2017 even if I am on ILR now and British citizen after an year?
she needs one more extension at the end of Mar 2017 as she will complete 5 years only by August 2018, what kind of Visa should she apply that time for?

Looking forward to hear from experts

Thanks

vinny

Re: ILR Main applicant & Tier 1 general dependent

Post by vinny » Wed Oct 07, 2015 1:43 am

If you were granted ILR as a Relevant Points Based System Migrant, then I believe that she may remain on her current leave.
She may apply for an extension in the same category shortly before her leave expires.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.