ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 ICT Adult dependent (Down syndrome Sister)

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

satpals35
Newly Registered

Tier 2 ICT Adult dependent (Down syndrome Sister)

Post by satpals35 » Sun Aug 09, 2015 2:31 am

Hi All,

I need some urgent advice. I am applying for a Tier 2 ICT (Long Term staff upto 3 years), my family my wife and my daughter (2 years) are also applying along with me. My sister is a down syndrome and is dependent on me, My wife and I are also her Legal guardians after the death of my parents. My sister is Financialy, emotionaly and physically dependent on my wife and myself. I have her mental handicapped certificate issued by the hospital nominated by Indian Government showing her mental status, I also have the legal gaurdian order. In the past I was in France on a work permit and her visa was denied. My wife and daugther came to france and we tried keeping my sister with an aunt in India ( aunt is also 68 years) but my aunt was not able to take care of her and also my sister was not comfortable with my aunt and had stopped eating etc. This forced us to come back to India in 1 month of my family arriving. Please note that I had travelled 7 months earlier and would come back to India once in 2 months. I am now applying for a Tier 2 ICT dependent with the help of PWC law firm who are making an exceptional application request for my sister. My question is if the Tier 2 ICT is refused would I be able to reapply for a Visitor visa for my sister? Atlease she can come to UK for 6 months and then my wife can come back to India for few months and reapply for a Vistor visa for my sister

Also has any of you ever come across a similar case and know what was done?

geriatrix

Re: Tier 2 ICT Adult dependent (Down syndrome Sister)

Post by geriatrix » Sun Aug 09, 2015 7:18 pm

Even under normal circumstance, when a dependant visa is refused then it is almost impossible for a visitor visa to be granted unless the applicant can provide "compelling" evidence of strong ties with the country of residence / citizenship.

Given your sister's condition, her dependence on you & your wife for almost everything, and the fact that she is unable to prove strong ties with her home country in any way, IMHO, visitor visa is a a lost cause.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

satpals35
Newly Registered

Post by satpals35 » Wed Aug 12, 2015 7:22 am

Hi Thanks for the revert. What do you think is the possibility of her getting the dependent visa

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Wed Aug 12, 2015 9:51 am

There is no provision in the immigration rules for a sibling of a PBS migrant to be granted PBS dependant leave.
No one can comment on an "exceptional circumstances" application (if there is any such thing) that the Secretary of State may decide to approve outside of immigration rules.

From the Home Office's perspective - the choice to transfer you to UK is your employer's, the choice to be transferred to work in the UK is yours; Home Office is not forcing you or your employer for you to come to UK to work given that you have a family member who cannot live without your / your family's physical support 24*7.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

satpals35
Newly Registered

Post by satpals35 » Thu Oct 01, 2015 5:02 pm

Hi, The Visa applicaition was accepted by VFS after consultation with a consular officer on the 25th Aug . Its now about 6 calendar weeks and 4 working weeks snce the application. I have still not heard anything other than an email from the Embassy on the 4th Sep that the case is not staraight forwad and will take more than the time needed. Since it is 4 weeks since the email.. is this a goof sign or a bad sign? Any comments

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Oct 01, 2015 6:56 pm

It is a standard automatically generated email.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

satpals35
Newly Registered

Post by satpals35 » Sat Oct 03, 2015 10:00 am

Hi, I understand its an automatic reply, but the fact that its 5 weeks now and the visa is still not rejected does it mean something positive might happen?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Oct 06, 2015 1:20 pm

No, it doesn't mean anything like that. It means that the application will take longer than their published timeframes. You will need to wait for the outcome.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

satpals35
Newly Registered

Post by satpals35 » Wed Oct 07, 2015 12:57 pm

Is there a difference in the email which comes when the passport is dispatched for a approved applicaiton vs a rejected application?

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Wed Oct 07, 2015 1:34 pm

satpals35 wrote:Is there a difference in the email which comes when the passport is dispatched for a approved applicaiton vs a rejected application?
Nope....
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

satpals35
Newly Registered

Post by satpals35 » Fri Oct 09, 2015 8:05 am

My Sister got the visa yesterday, It mentioned Leave to Enter out side of the rules.. :D