ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Email/postal address to check on progress of BRP card/NTL

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

keyow
Newly Registered

Email/postal address to check on progress of BRP card/NTL

Post by keyow » Wed Oct 07, 2015 2:40 pm

I made an application for No Time Limit (NTL)/Biometric Residence Card 2 months ago. I phoned the ukvi Helpline to check on the progress of my application, the person I spoke to told me they only deal with general inquiries and don't have access to my details, I was told it takes upto 6 months and I should just wait.
The problem I am facing now is I don't have any photo ID as I have sent my only photo ID (immigration status document) to the home office. I am unemployed at the moment and can't work without photo ID.
The reason I made application for NTL/BRP card is I changed my name.
TIMELINE.
1 August 2015 sent my application
3 August 2015 the £260 fee was taken out of bank account by home office.
8 August 2015 biometric done at post office (on the letter I received from home office it says the reason for biometric is to compare my fingerprints to the one on the home office system and to also check police fingerprints)

I am thinking of writing a letter to the home office to check on the progress of my application. Can anyone provide a link to postal address or email address for UKVI.
Or will I just wait another 4 months before writing a letter to the home office?

keyow
Newly Registered

Re: Email/postal address to check on progress of BRP card/NT

Post by keyow » Sat Oct 10, 2015 2:35 pm

Does anyone know email or postal address to check on progress on my BRP card application. It's 2 months since I sent my application and am finding it hard without a photo ID as I can't work.
NOTE: I have indefinite leave to remain, I made the application (No Time Limit/BRP Card) after change of name.

keyow
Newly Registered

Re: Email/postal address to check on progress of BRP card/NT

Post by keyow » Wed Oct 28, 2015 10:44 am

3 months now since I made application for NTL/BRP card. Anyone email I can contact UKVI on. I've sent my photo ID and other home office documents with my application. Without photo ID am now stuck as I can't work. It is causing me alot of stress without any form ID.
NOTE: I have indefinite leave to remain.