ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Newbie...feeling lost

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Glasgow68
Newly Registered

Newbie...feeling lost

Post by Glasgow68 » Wed Oct 07, 2015 7:26 pm

Here goes my story feeling confused and lost ...
I met my fiancé in sept 2013 ...he was separated from his wife ..he's from morroco his ex UK...they got married 2006 and fought for his visa which was granted in 2009..he came to UK then...the separated 2012 but he still cared for her helped with her illness and her kids... His visa ran out nov 2014 ...he had applied as single person ...or so he thought...she borrowed the visa money from his family...and u no what's coming...she didn't send it away... She called imagration in dec 2014 and he was arrested and took to detention centre and removed 2 was later...I have since seen a solicitor who says it was unlawful but to late to challenge it...I've been to morroco 8 times since and we have got engaged in sept 2015....now my problem....they never married in UK ...he is going through divorce over there ...so we can move forward and marry ...I'm self employed but I don't hit the £18.600 mark..so Suirender sighn route is our only way ..I'm looking for as much advice and help as possible on how to even start ...it's a mine field ...ty for reading and Tia for any replays

chaoclive
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: Newbie...feeling lost

Post by chaoclive » Wed Oct 07, 2015 7:27 pm

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Wed Oct 07, 2015 9:10 pm

Surinder Singh step by step - in Ireland ...

http://www.immigrationboards.com/eea-ro ... %20success
Oh Danny boy, the pipes, the pipes are calling
From glen to glen, and down the mountain side
The summer's gone, and all the flowers are dying
'Tis you, 'tis you must go and I must bide.

But come ye back when summer's in the meadow
Or when the valley's hushed and white with snow
'Tis I'll be here in sunshine or in shadow
Oh Danny boy, oh Danny boy, I love you so.
Best of luck.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

Casa

Post by Casa » Wed Oct 07, 2015 9:26 pm

As you are probably aware, as you don't appear to qualify under EEA regulations for a 'durable partnership' due to not being able to live together at present, you will have to wait for the divorce to be finalised. Your fiance may have explained that this has become a more complicated process in Morocco, with additional rights for women, following the introduction of the relatively new Moudawana (family code). The divorce will have to be heard before the Family judge and the presence of the husband and the wife at the Consulate to notorise the Wakala (divorce) is mandatory. Although a power of attorney could be given to someone to attend on her behalf. Is his wife co-operating with the divorce procedure?
Once you are married you could follow the Surinder Singh route.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Glasgow68
Newly Registered

Post by Glasgow68 » Wed Oct 07, 2015 9:52 pm

Ty ..im aware he needs to be divorced and hes tried to contact his ex since been deported but shes changed her number and moved house ....what can he do now
Ty

Gracious2015

Post by Gracious2015 » Thu Oct 08, 2015 6:37 am

If they have any children together then she cant just change her number and move houses, in other words she cannot deprieve him from meeting with their children? And if she has done this then he can put forward his case and use a good layer, he cant be stuck for life?

Casa

Post by Casa » Thu Oct 08, 2015 6:57 am

Glasgow68 wrote:Ty ..im aware he needs to be divorced and hes tried to contact his ex since been deported but shes changed her number and moved house ....what can he do now
Ty
He needs good legal advice from a lawyer in Morocco to find a way to apply for a divorce without the co-operation of his wife. There should be a clause for absent wives, but it may take longer.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Glasgow68
Newly Registered

Post by Glasgow68 » Thu Oct 08, 2015 8:42 am

Thank you for your reply would u have any idea on time or costs never thought things were this hard for ppl ..its a mine field im so glad i found this site i thought i was going out my mind ...

Glasgow68
Newly Registered

Post by Glasgow68 » Thu Oct 08, 2015 8:44 am

Hi sorry should have said ... The children arent his there from 2 previous marriages

Casa

Post by Casa » Thu Oct 08, 2015 5:29 pm

Glasgow68 wrote:Thank you for your reply would u have any idea on time or costs never thought things were this hard for ppl ..its a mine field im so glad i found this site i thought i was going out my mind ...
Legal costs will vary greatly, as they would in any country. Your fiance is in the best position in Morocco to ask around for both recommendations on reputable lawyers and the cost involved.
(Casa, not CR001)

Gracious2015

Post by Gracious2015 » Thu Oct 08, 2015 5:53 pm

Since your fiance's ex-wife was already married twice earlier, then i think once you hire a lawyer, the case should easily work in your fiance's favour, Good luck!!

Glasgow68
Newly Registered

Post by Glasgow68 » Thu Oct 08, 2015 7:03 pm

Thank you all...he's going to seek advice asap .