ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

How to travel

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Lorlor
Newly Registered

How to travel

Post by Lorlor » Wed Oct 07, 2015 4:41 pm

[quote
hi Amber I overstayed in the UK and I'm in the relationship with a British citizen and we planned to get married in Africa next year please can you advise what can I do? Hope to read your answer very as soon as possible
][/quote]
Amber wrote:
ban.s wrote:settlement checking service

instead of directly pasting the link, you can use hyperlinked text as above
When I use the URL button it didn't work for me.

What exactly did you do?

Lorlor
Newly Registered

Re: overstayed and planing to get married in Africa next yea

Post by Lorlor » Fri Oct 09, 2015 8:27 am

Lorlor wrote:[quote
hi Amber I overstayed in the UK and I'm in the relationship with a British citizen and we planned to get married in Africa next year please can you advise what can I do? Hope to read your answer very as soon as possible
]
Amber wrote:
ban.s wrote:settlement checking service

instead of directly pasting the link, you can use hyperlinked text as above
When I use the URL button it didn't work for me.

What exactly did you do?
[/quote]

Casa

Re: Defective hyperlinks

Post by Casa » Fri Oct 09, 2015 8:42 am

@Lorlor do you have a question? :?:
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: overstayed and planing to get married in Africa next yea

Post by CR001 » Fri Oct 09, 2015 10:12 am

@ Casa, I am/was also confused, but suspect the below is the question :shock:
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Lorlor
Newly Registered

Post by Lorlor » Mon Oct 12, 2015 1:20 pm

Casa wrote:@Lorlor do you have a question? :?:
Hi casa sorry I don't write English very well just wanted to know how can I do to travel to Africa as my passport got lost and do I need to travel same day with my partner as we are planning to get married in Africa next year and it's possible for me to grant a spouse visa after our wedding? Hope to hear from you soon have a good day thanks

Casa

Post by Casa » Mon Oct 12, 2015 3:18 pm

You've posted in a thread that isn't relevant to your question, however I suspect that asking you to post in a new thread will only add to the confusion. :?
If your passport is 'lost' then apply for a new one from your embassy here in the UK. Without knowing more about your situation, it's difficult to advise you.
I guess you're here illegally? If so, is your passport 'lost' or does the Home Office have it?
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.