ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying for ILR (SET "O") full case review

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

betogether

Applying for ILR (SET "O") full case review

Post by betogether » Sat Oct 10, 2015 11:37 am

Hi All,
Sincere apologies in advance for a bit long post here. I have almost got all my questions answered by reviewing various posts from this FORUM, so KUDOS everyone :D
As I am sure you would agree that every case a bit different in some or other way. I am just putting my full case here and if anyone of you sees some concern/suggestions for me please advise OR if all looks OK to you. It might be useful if anyone else also in same boat as me.
Applying ILR for me and 2 dependent (wify and 3.5 yr old son) on 7th Nov in Croydon – appointment booked!!
[u]Here is what I am doing[/u]: (I work as an IT contractor. Got a limited company where I am director)
1 – Cover Letter with all document listed with Latest version of SET O FORM for all 3 of us
2 – Travel Sheet (also filling this info in FORM) for myself and my wife. Below is our key comments for being outside country and eligibility (as this is KEY area please suggest if something fishy here)
2a – FOR [b]ME[/b] (applying ILR on 7th Nov)
Tier 1 Stamped Date: 01/12/2010
First Entry: 23/12/2010
180 Days Rule: Never stayed away for 180 days any of the 12 Months backwards from 7th Nov (still have got letters for my travel from clients)
2b – FOR [b]MY WIFE[/b] (applying ILR on 7th Nov)
First Entry: 30/01/2011
Travel: she was away very long from Oct 2011 to Aug 2012 but since then she is just away for holidays (2 Months average). I reviewed that if dependent got Tier 1 before 9th July 2012, requirement is just to be here for 2 years. Is it OK?
3 – Life in UK pass certificate
4 – Income Proof (I need 35 points) so have to show 55K+ income (also shows UK Earning)
4a – Letter from accountant in a format I used last time (is there any specific format?). Shows NET Dividend + GROSS Salary. A very KEY point here for me is to make my income 55K+ in last 12 calendar months I have drawn dividend as below
4a1: 13K dividend of FI year 2014-15 was drawn in Dec 2015 (which falls in last 12 calendar months)
4a2: Full dividend of FI year 2015-16 is already drawn and including salary it becomes 43K.
4a3: By adding both above my income for last 12 Months become 55+ and I get right points. DO YOU SEE ANY ISSUE IN THIS????
4b – Salary Slips and Dividend Voucher sign/stamped by accountant
4c – Personal (balance is always 5K+) and Company bank statements from last 12 Months
5 - PBS print to show ENGLISH language degree – by using Tier 2 general at selection as there is no Tier 1 general anymore
6 – My company’s documents: VAT Certificate, Company registration certificate, correspondence from HMRC etc.
7 – Original Degree certificate for myself and my wife in EN (available in PBS hence showing print of that as a proof for language)
8 – Marriage Certificate + Utility Bills + Bank Statements + Council Tax Bill + Rental Agreement for showing wife eligibility and to show that we both living at same address
9 – Birth Certificate for my son (from India in EN)
10 – As an additional document, I will request for Income statement from HMRC just to keep as back up if needed
11 – Photo graphs
12 – Photo copies of all required documents
I think that’s all. Do you think I am missing anything???
Only few points where I am double checking with you experts . I made in bold where I wanted to double check with you.
Does above case for all 3 of us looks OK to you???
Your review/response will be greatly appreciated!!!!!!
Have a great day!!
Thanks

crimson76

Re: Applying for ILR (SET "O") full case review

Post by crimson76 » Sat Oct 10, 2015 3:44 pm

betogether wrote:Hi All,
Sincere apologies in advance for a bit long post here. I have almost got all my questions answered by reviewing various posts from this FORUM, so KUDOS everyone :D
As I am sure you would agree that every case a bit different in some or other way. I am just putting my full case here and if anyone of you sees some concern/suggestions for me please advise OR if all looks OK to you. It might be useful if anyone else also in same boat as me.
Applying ILR for me and 2 dependent (wify and 3.5 yr old son) on 7th Nov in Croydon – appointment booked!!
Here is what I am doing: (I work as an IT contractor. Got a limited company where I am director)
1 – Cover Letter with all document listed with Latest version of SET O FORM for all 3 of us
2 – Travel Sheet (also filling this info in FORM) for myself and my wife. Below is our key comments for being outside country and eligibility (as this is KEY area please suggest if something fishy here)
2a – FOR ME (applying ILR on 7th Nov)
First Entry: 23/12/2010
180 Days Rule: Never stayed away for 180 days any of the 12 Months backwards from 7th Nov (still have got letters for my travel from clients)
2b – FOR MY WIFE (applying ILR on 7th Nov)
First Entry: 30/01/2011
Travel: she was away very long from Oct 2011 to Aug 2012 but since then she is just away for holidays (2 Months average). I reviewed that if dependent got Tier 1 before 9th July 2012, requirement is just to be here for 2 years. Is it OK?
3 – Life in UK pass certificate
4 – Income Proof (I need 35 points) so have to show 55K+ income (also shows UK Earning)
4a – Letter from accountant in a format I used last time (is there any specific format?). Shows NET Dividend + GROSS Salary. A very KEY point here for me is to make my income 55K+ in last 12 calendar months I have drawn dividend as below
4a1: 13K dividend of FI year 2014-15 was drawn in Dec 2015 (which falls in last 12 calendar months)
4a2: Full dividend of FI year 2015-16 is already drawn and including salary it becomes 43K.
4a3: By adding both above my income for last 12 Months become 55+ and I get right points. DO YOU SEE ANY ISSUE IN THIS????
4b – Salary Slips and Dividend Voucher sign/stamped by accountant
4c – Personal (balance is always 5K+) and Company bank statements from last 12 Months
5 - PBS print to show ENGLISH language degree – by using Tier 2 general at selection as there is no Tier 1 general anymore
6 – My company’s documents: VAT Certificate, Company registration certificate, correspondence from HMRC etc.
7 – Original Degree certificate for myself and my wife in EN (available in PBS hence showing print of that as a proof for language)
8 – Marriage Certificate + Utility Bills + Bank Statements + Council Tax Bill + Rental Agreement for showing wife eligibility and to show that we both living at same address
9 – Birth Certificate for my son (from India in EN)
10 – As an additional document, I will request for Income statement from HMRC just to keep as back up if needed
11 – Photo graphs
12 – Photo copies of all required documents
I think that’s all. Do you think I am missing anything???
Only few points where I am double checking with you experts . I made in bold where I wanted to double check with you.
Does above case for all 3 of us looks OK to you???
Your review/response will be greatly appreciated!!!!!!
Have a great day!!
Thanks
Looks good. Get SA302 from hmrc and submit with your application rather than keeping it in the back pocket. Also make sure all your corporation tax is paid and submit the proof of payment with application. Make sure there are no discrepancies in the income declared to home office and hmrc at the time of extension. Home office is very particular about taxes paid. Have faith and you will be fine.

betogether

Post by betogether » Sun Oct 11, 2015 5:42 pm

Thanks allot for your input - will do accordingly.

If there is any other points please let me know!!

Thanks again!!

Regards

crimson76

Post by crimson76 » Sun Oct 11, 2015 8:25 pm

betogether wrote:Thanks allot for your input - will do accordingly.

If there is any other points please let me know!!

Thanks again!!

Regards
You will also need to submit proof of cohabitation like utility bills, bank statements, council tax bills, health cards, poll cards etc.