ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Passport returned with 1 PHOTO, Mistakenly? What to do?

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Nina Roche
China

Passport returned with 1 PHOTO, Mistakenly? What to do?

Post by Nina Roche » Wed Oct 07, 2015 9:19 am

I have an ongoing EEA FM & EEA QP joint application.
After requested passports back both for myself and my husband, I received them this morning but surprisingly found out one of my husband passport photo inside my husband passport came back too.

I might be paranoid based on my experience with Home Office.
Now I'm AFRAID his photo is mistakenly slipped inside his passport when they were sent back.
Is it? What should I do?

One possibility my husband suggested is they don't need this one. But I sent them as many as requested. How many passport photos have you sent? I've sent 2 for myself, 3 for him (as I need 1 for my sponsor, he needs 2 for his application)

Please share your advice.

Teerak

Re: Passport returned with 1 PHOTO, Mistakenly? What to do?

Post by Teerak » Thu Oct 08, 2015 9:16 am

Hi Nina,
You were supposed to send one passport photo of sponsor and two for main applicant, I think you sent more than required. :)
Applied: 10/08/15 (HO received next day)
Payment taken: 12/08/15
Bio letter: 17/08/15
Bio Given: 20/08/15
COA: 14/09/15(dated 10/09/2015)
RC: 18/01/16(dated 11/01/16)

Nina Roche
China

Post by Nina Roche » Thu Oct 08, 2015 3:08 pm

Teerak wrote:Hi Nina,
You were supposed to send one passport photo of sponsor and two for main applicant, I think you sent more than required. :)
Many thanks Teerak!
You r absolutely right but help me to do the math here:

We have 2 applicants here: myself (for EEA FM) and my husband (for EEA QP). As you say, 2 photos for each main applicant, that's 4 in total right?
Then as you say, I need another 1 for my sponsor/husband. So in total that's 3 photos for him right?

Correct me?

Teerak

Post by Teerak » Thu Oct 08, 2015 11:20 pm

Nina Roche wrote:
Teerak wrote:Hi Nina,
Many thanks Teerak!
You r absolutely right but help me to do the math here:

We have 2 applicants here: myself (for EEA FM) and my husband (for EEA QP). As you say, 2 photos for each main applicant, that's 4 in total right?
Then as you say, I need another 1 for my sponsor/husband. So in total that's 3 photos for him right?

Correct me?
I reckon you are right to have sent the number of photos you did, but like them I was looking at your application for EEA FM alone, I didn't take into consideration your patner's EEA QP. I guess you have to email them but they are going to return the photos anyway as they return the passport photo I sent them in my previous application in a different category, because I was issued a BRP in that category.

Nina Roche
China

Post by Nina Roche » Fri Oct 09, 2015 12:12 pm

Teerak wrote: I reckon you are right to have sent the number of photos you did, but like them I was looking at your application for EEA FM alone, I didn't take into consideration your patner's EEA QP. I guess you have to email them but they are going to return the photos anyway as they return the passport photo I sent them in my previous application in a different category, because I was issued a BRP in that category.
Thank you Teerak. Your answer is comforting, as knowing possibility that they might do not need it.

Yes, now I plan to send back photo to them tomorrow, becoz I don't want ... one day... they return my application saying that it is invalid, due to lack of a photo; Or it is probably more like this... they ask me to send a photo, then I send it... then they say they don't receive it, just like last time. And then still end up returning application.... I know how crazy it sounds... but similar thing or worse happened before...

So that's what I'm gonna do and that's all I can do, right? That's it!
Btw, seems now May applicants start getting RC. Really like 5 months average. -> 3 more months, it would be us. :)

Teerak

Post by Teerak » Sat Oct 10, 2015 2:30 pm

Nina Roche wrote:
Teerak wrote: I reckon you are right to have sent the number of photos you did, but like them I was looking at your application for EEA FM alone, I didn't take into consideration your patner's EEA QP. I guess you have to email them but they are going to return the photos anyway as they return the passport photo I sent them in my previous application in a different category, because I was issued a BRP in that category.
Thank you Teerak. Your answer is comforting, as knowing possibility that they might do not need it.

Yes, now I plan to send back photo to them tomorrow, becoz I don't want ... one day... they return my application saying that it is invalid, due to lack of a photo; Or it is probably more like this... they ask me to send a photo, then I send it... then they say they don't receive it, just like last time. And then still end up returning application.... I know how crazy it sounds... but similar thing or worse happened before...

So that's what I'm gonna do and that's all I can do, right? That's it!
Btw, seems now May applicants start getting RC. Really like 5 months average. -> 3 more months, it would be us. :)
Ur welcome Nina! I agree, send it back to them to be safe...
God willing Dec/Jan will be our turn for Residence Card :)