ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Sponsoring sister for visitor visa

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

rubycarlo

Sponsoring sister for visitor visa

Post by rubycarlo » Mon Oct 12, 2015 4:30 am

Hi all,

I am in the process of applying for a Tier 2 G visa for myself. Assuming I am granted the visa, my sister intends to travel with me on a Standard visitor visa for 2 weeks to help me settle down as this is my first time in the UK.

I plan to sponsor my sister financially for the duration of her trip (since she is a student). Hence, could you please let me know what documents I should show for proof of relationship and sponsorship? I've thought of the following:
- Letter declaring my financial sponsorship for the length of her stay
- My bank statements for the past 6 months
- My birth certificate and self-attested passport copy to show proof of relationship to my sister
- Copy of Tier 2 G visa vignette on my passport

Could you please advise if the above documents are sufficient for sponsorship? Please note, I will be a new T2G visa holder who has not yet activated her visa.

My sister will be providing all relevant documents of her student residence status and her current financial status as well.

rubycarlo

Re: Sponsoring sister for visitor visa

Post by rubycarlo » Mon Oct 12, 2015 4:24 pm

Experts, any advice on the above please? We to make my sister's application within this month.

rubycarlo

Post by rubycarlo » Wed Oct 14, 2015 4:44 am

Bumping this post again, hope senior members and experts can advise on what proof I will need to show.

PS: I received my T2G visa yesterday (not yet activated).

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Wed Oct 14, 2015 3:03 pm

You must show reasons to return as well, i.e. property, job, children.........
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

rubycarlo

Post by rubycarlo » Sat Oct 17, 2015 9:20 am

Wanderer wrote:You must show reasons to return as well, i.e. property, job, children.........
Wanderer, do you mean reasons to return for my sister? As mentioned before, she is a student in Australia. She will be providing proof of her enrollment status with a letter from her university. I believe this should be sufficient for her?

My actual concern is the documents I should show as her sponsor:
- Letter declaring my financial sponsorship for the length of her stay
- My bank statements for the past 6 months
- My birth certificate and self-attested passport copy to show proof of relationship to my sister
- Copy of Tier 2 G visa vignette on my passport

Could you please confirm that the above proof is sufficient?

rubycarlo

Who can sponsor an applicant for General visitor visa?

Post by rubycarlo » Mon Oct 19, 2015 6:55 pm

Hi,

I need some guidance regarding sponsors for general visitor applicants. Does the person need to already be a resident in UK to be able to sponsor a visitor?

In order to sponsor my sister (student in Australia, unemployed) for a visitor visa, I have 2 options at the moment:

a) I sponsor her myself since I am a Tier 2 General visa holder. However, my visa has not yet been activated. I plan to travel on the same dates as my sister and activate my visa at the border. Am I eligible to sponsor her?

b) My mother will also be traveling with us and will be applying for a visit visa. The thing is, my sister will be applying for visitor visa from Australia, while my mom is applying from Bahrain. Is she eligible to sponsor my sister given that they are not applying together as family members?

If none of the 2 options work, please advise if we can simply show that my sister has sufficient funds in her account (transferred from parents account)?

Hoping for some clear guidance!

rubycarlo

Post by rubycarlo » Wed Oct 21, 2015 6:49 pm

Any answers to my queries, experts?

rubycarlo

Post by rubycarlo » Fri Oct 23, 2015 5:35 am

rubycarlo wrote:Hi,

I need some guidance regarding sponsors for general visitor applicants. Does the person need to already be a resident in UK to be able to sponsor a visitor?

In order to sponsor my sister (student in Australia, unemployed) for a visitor visa, I have 2 options at the moment:

a) I sponsor her myself since I am a Tier 2 General visa holder. However, my visa has not yet been activated. I plan to travel on the same dates as my sister and activate my visa at the border. Am I eligible to sponsor her?

b) My mother will also be traveling with us and will be applying for a visit visa. The thing is, my sister will be applying for visitor visa from Australia, while my mom is applying from Bahrain. Is she eligible to sponsor my sister given that they are not applying together as family members?

If none of the 2 options work, please advise if we can simply show that my sister has sufficient funds in her account (transferred from parents account)?

Hoping for some clear guidance!
Bumping up my query again. Wanderer, could you let me know your opinion on the above queries?