ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EUFam querie

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

gorgeous
Ireland

EUFam querie

Post by gorgeous » Mon Oct 12, 2015 10:45 pm

Hey guys,

I have a friend who's married to an EU citizen and both are living in Ireland and exercising their rights here.

They have been married for one year now and together as a couple for two. She got her Stamp 4 EUFam in May this year. (The temporary one she got in January) However, due to ongoing issues they are thinking about separation. But he said he's going to support her with the visa. However, he wants to go back to his home country.

I couldn't help her because if he is going to keep helping her that's OK, but what happens once she applies for EU3? They ask for supporting documents for the last 5 years, and she won't have bills or etc., to prove they've been together.

Another question: What happens if they decide to split up and he keeps living in Ireland? He can still have his address in the old house where she lives, right?

P.S.: I know some people may say that this is not the right thing to do because she would be lying to immigration and etc., but I don't think this is fair on her, because she's been here for a couple of years and has been working as a student and now as an EUFam, paying all her taxes. If he wasn't keen on helping her that'd be a different story. Any thoughts are welcomed. :wink:

Obie
Ireland

Re: EUFam querie

Post by Obie » Tue Oct 13, 2015 11:44 am

If the EU national leaves Ireland then the non eu has no basis for staying and the Departmart couldvrevoke the stamp 4 EU fam
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

kunfayakun
Member of Standing

Post by kunfayakun » Wed Oct 14, 2015 10:44 am

Hi Obie,

I have a query regarding the GNIB card, actually what is the basic requirements to to register with the garda national of Immigration bureau? because I have read the "inis.gov" it says - non-EEA nationals who have entered the State with the intention of residing in Ireland for a period of more than three months must register with their local immigration registration officer! so can we go there with our documents and just register or do we need letter from INIS where we made EU1 application? any advice on this?!
Thanks in advance!
Stay blessed
Kunfayakun

gorgeous
Ireland

Post by gorgeous » Thu Oct 15, 2015 8:16 pm

Got it! But what happens if they break up and the guy stays in Ireland? In what way is he able to help her?

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Thu Oct 15, 2015 8:20 pm

They have to seek divorce , and if the person is able to retain their right of residence following divorce, then good.

Otherwise they will have to leave Ireland.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Thu Oct 15, 2015 8:28 pm

kunfayakun wrote:Hi Obie,

I have a query regarding the GNIB card, actually what is the basic requirements to to register with the garda national of Immigration bureau? because I have read the "inis.gov" it says - non-EEA nationals who have entered the State with the intention of residing in Ireland for a period of more than three months must register with their local immigration registration officer! so can we go there with our documents and just register or do we need letter from INIS where we made EU1 application? any advice on this?!
Thanks in advance!
For EEA national and their family , no formalities is required for the first 3 months, according to the regulations and EU law, so they cannot be forced to register.

After the 3 months a Residence Card application has to be made. Once acknowledged, a acknowledgement will be issued and the person can be registered.