ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(M) application for my wife

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

baba_baba

FLR(M) application for my wife

Post by baba_baba » Mon Oct 19, 2015 2:47 pm

Hi Vinny,

I am preparing for my wife 2nd extension for 2 1/2 years via application FLR (M) (she was previously given 30 months), please let me know whether I have everything I need. I am a company director (self-employed) and my salary varies, therefore I am using my wife's income to meet financial requirement.

1. Last six month bank statements showing salary credited
(Salary £1324.08 net salary credited to her account at gross salary of £19000.00 per year)
2. A1 Trinity College London exam result
3. IHS reference number
4. My salary slips for last six months and bank statements
(Salary first 3 months £650.00 net and £1600.00 last three months)
5. Utilities bills, council tax paid for last two years (some of them are missing, but we have most of them)
6. Photos
7. Marriage certificate (English translation)

Do I still need to provide self-employment details of mine for last two years? My wife works for my company as a book keeper.

I greatly appreciate your advise..

Thank you

vinny

Re: SET(M) application for my wife

Post by vinny » Mon Oct 19, 2015 5:09 pm

Why isn't she preparing for SET(M)?
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

baba_baba

Post by baba_baba » Tue Oct 20, 2015 6:54 am

Hi Vinny,

I saw a solicitor on regard to she applying for set(m) and he says that there is only 50% chance as I made the initial mistake of applying without asking for transitional arrangement. I am afraid of losing £1500 and then apply again with flr m.

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue Oct 20, 2015 7:13 am

I think your wife shouldn't have to ask. There was only one form FLR(M). Ideally, caseworkers are supposed to know the rules and follow their instructions. It was the caseworker who made the mistake.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.

baba_baba

Post by baba_baba » Tue Oct 20, 2015 7:53 am

Hi Vinny,

Thanks for that advise, I will prepare for set m and also in the same time, worst come worst if they refused, with my wife salary alone can she apply under category A. And £18600 is it only taking into consideration of one person's salary or both husband and wife salary?

As we are planning to buy a house all these questions are stressing me, I greatly appreciate your advice.

Thanks in advance ...

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue Oct 20, 2015 8:28 am

baba_baba wrote:And £18600 is it only taking into consideration of one person's salary or both husband and wife salary?
Both, for leave to remain applications.

baba_baba

Post by baba_baba » Tue Oct 20, 2015 8:50 am

Thanks Vinny

baba_baba

Re: ILR for wife refused.

Post by baba_baba » Wed Dec 02, 2015 7:14 am

Hi Vinny,

On regard to flr m financial requirement, my wife is paid £19000 gross salary that includes her maternity pay as well. We applied her maternity pay late, therefore it is not for last 12 months, by the time we apply she will have 5 months maternity pay paid.

She gets paid full salary and company claims maternity allowance, will this change her category from A?

Thank you

baba_baba

Post by baba_baba » Sun Mar 06, 2016 5:03 am

vinny wrote:I think your wife shouldn't have to ask. There was only one form FLR(M). Ideally, caseworkers are supposed to know the rules and follow their instructions. It was the caseworker who made the mistake.
Hi Vinny,

I am applying for my wife on SET m for ILR, when it's come to financial requirements
How many salary slips I require? 3 or 6
And is it the same amount £18600 requirement for SET M?

Thanks

Casa

Post by Casa » Sun Mar 06, 2016 10:24 am

baba_baba wrote:
vinny wrote:I think your wife shouldn't have to ask. There was only one form FLR(M). Ideally, caseworkers are supposed to know the rules and follow their instructions. It was the caseworker who made the mistake.
Hi Vinny,

I am applying for my wife on SET m for ILR, when it's come to financial requirements
How many salary slips I require? 3 or 6
And is it the same amount £18600 requirement for SET M?

Thanks
6 pay slips + 6 bank statements.
£18,600 p.a
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

baba_baba

Re: FLR(M) application for my wife

Post by baba_baba » Sun Mar 06, 2016 2:48 pm

I only have four months bank statements and salary slips, as I I am applying as someone applied before April 2012 as PBS dependant, do I still have to fulfil new financial requirements?

My wife falls under old rules as she came to this country as my dependant on 21st January 2012.

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Mar 07, 2016 9:52 am

I believe that she is subject to the old rules.

Unfortunately, I think they mistakenly granted her FLR(M) for a period of thirty months under the current rules instead of twenty four months under the old rules. If you want her to be treated under the old rules, then you have to convince them that their last grant leave should have been under the old rules.

baba_baba

Post by baba_baba » Mon Mar 07, 2016 10:35 am

Hi Vinny,

Thanks for your advice, I am planning to include a cover page. Can I apply Child Tax Credit? As this will help me to meet adequate maintenance required by old rule.

At the moment I only get Child benefits and I don't get any other benefits, when I calculated our income against the set criteria, we are just OK by few pounds and this worrys me that if I have made a mistake in calculating it.

Will it be better if I apply for CTC and include that as well?

Thanks

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Mar 07, 2016 2:29 pm

baba_baba

Post by baba_baba » Mon Mar 07, 2016 4:16 pm

Thanks Vinny,

baba_baba

Post by baba_baba » Mon Mar 28, 2016 8:43 am

Hi Vinny,

We have posted SET M application on Thursday and I did not send my wife's last month bank statement as it only arrived on Saturday, can I send her bank statement mentioning her details and date of post or should I wait till I get acknowledgment letter from HO and use the reference no?
And will it be the same address?

Thank you

baba_baba

Post by baba_baba » Sat Jul 09, 2016 6:44 am

vinny wrote:Why isn't she preparing for SET(M)?
Hi Vinny,

I have submitted SET M form and it was through a legal consultant. I have recently upgraded it to Premium service and they acknowledged that they are looking at my case.

I have a small problem with my form, in section 8 my consultant has used estimate figures for my salary and my wife salary. He has put £500 for my wife and £1250 for me but in summary he has used £623 for my wife and £1253 for me. I only noticed it now as u asked him for a copy and he just sent it to me.

My actual salary according to the 3 months payslips submitted is higher and it is £1430.53 and my wife salary according to her payslips is £540.02, this is the average of what have earned for those three months and we also have another £8079 as saving for last three months.

My consultant forgot mentioned about the saving as well, when I calculated the figures that my consultant used I am short of around £26 after adding child benefit and deducting rent and council tax. But this is clearly a mistake by the consultant.

I have send them an email explaining the correct salary that we are relying on and also mentioning that we are relying on our saving as well.

They have acknowledged saying that they have attached that email for the case worker to look at when they have the application.

I am worried this may create unnecessary problems and delays. Do you think my email will clarify the case worker about the mistake my consultant has done. All my bank accounts and salary slips were sent and they reflect the correct salary and saving.

For more info, my rent is £650 per month and council tax is
£111 and we get only child benefit £137.40

And our income
My average salary for three months after tax is £1430.53
My wife salary £540.02
And saving £8079.13

Thank you for your help

baba_baba

Post by baba_baba » Sat Jul 09, 2016 9:00 am

I have two kids, one has British passport and younger is only 11 months old and we have not applied for her passport yet.

vinny

Post by vinny » Sat Jul 09, 2016 9:13 am

Have you tried the adequate maintenance calculations?

baba_baba

Post by baba_baba » Sat Jul 09, 2016 10:23 am

Yes, with my salary, wife salary and saving we are well over the required level, but my legal consultant made a mistake in the form by putting some low figures and not mentioning the saving.

But all salary slips and bank statements were submitted, he says even though he put different figure, they always go by the evidence we submit or he said he will write a letter.

But I have already emailed them and they said they will attach my emails for the case worker to look at. But it's me worried because of this silly mistake by my legal consultant, I don't want any delays..

baba_baba

Post by baba_baba » Tue Jul 12, 2016 12:56 pm

vinny wrote:Have you tried the adequate maintenance calculations?
Many thanks to Vinny, I did not know that I was able apply for settlement. It was Vinny rightly pointed out that I can apply for settlement visa instead of further extension. Since then, it was a big journey, getting all koll requirements, financial requirements and so on. I should say that immigration board was certainly a valuable knowledge sharing forum. I was able to get useful tips from moderators.

I specially thanks Vinny, Amber, Lucapooka and many.

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue Jul 12, 2016 1:17 pm