ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

TIER 2 employer change

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

shahzaam
Pakistan

TIER 2 employer change

Post by shahzaam » Wed Oct 21, 2015 4:04 pm

Dear fellows;

Currently, I’m on TIER2 which will expire in August 2016 (initially issued for 3 years). Now I wish to change my employer and switch to my current leave with new TIER 2 employer. my question is, if I’ll apply how long I will get leave under new COS either by August 2015 or another 2 years?

Thanking in advance.

moonlight55
Diamond Member

Re: TIER 2 employer change

Post by moonlight55 » Wed Oct 21, 2015 9:35 pm

Your leave will be dependent on the CoS duration that your new employer will provide. It can be anything from a month to x years as long as your total combined stay on Tier 2 general is less than 6 years.

physicskate
Diamond Member

Post by physicskate » Thu Oct 22, 2015 9:23 am

shahzaam wrote:Dear fellows;

Currently, I’m on TIER2 which will expire in August 2016 (initially issued for 3 years). Now I wish to change my employer and switch to my current leave with new TIER 2 employer. my question is, if I’ll apply how long I will get leave under new COS either by August 2015 or another 2 years?

Thanking in advance.
Tier 2 ICT or Tier 2 General?

shahzaam
Pakistan

Post by shahzaam » Thu Oct 22, 2015 9:38 am

physicskate wrote:

Thanking in advance.

Tier2 General

physicskate
Diamond Member

Post by physicskate » Thu Oct 22, 2015 9:57 am

shahzaam wrote:
physicskate wrote:

Thanking in advance.

Tier2 General
My two pence: I agree with Moonlight!

shahzaam
Pakistan

Post by shahzaam » Thu Oct 22, 2015 10:35 am

moonlight55 wrote:Your leave will be dependent on the CoS duration that your new employer will provide. It can be anything from a month to x years as long as your total combined stay on Tier 2 general is less than 6 years.

Thanks for the response,

does it mean i can ask my potential employer to issue me a COS for 3 years from January 2016 to January 2019.

if i would apply ILR on the Tier2 G basis, can i apply after 5 years?

the salary would be more than £35K ? is that true?

thanks again

physicskate
Diamond Member

Post by physicskate » Thu Oct 22, 2015 11:04 am

shahzaam wrote:
moonlight55 wrote:Your leave will be dependent on the CoS duration that your new employer will provide. It can be anything from a month to x years as long as your total combined stay on Tier 2 general is less than 6 years.

Thanks for the response,

does it mean i can ask my potential employer to issue me a COS for 3 years from January 2016 to January 2019.
Sure - because you would still be under 6 years...

if i would apply ILR on the Tier2 G basis, can i apply after 5 years?
You can apply for ILR provided you meet all of the requirements after 5 years up to 6 years while you have valid leave

the salary would be more than £35K ? is that true?
Required salaries are set to increase... so for ILR after April 2016 it's £35K.
Tier 2 (General) or Tier 2
(Sportsperson) Migrant applying for settlement, that they are being paid for the
employment in question either:
(1) at or above the appropriate rate for the job, as stated in the the Codes of
Practice in Appendix J, or
(2) a gross annual salary of at least:
(_a) £35,000 if applying on or after 6 April 2016,
(_b) £35,500 if applying on or after 6 April 2018,
(_c) £35,800 if applying on or after 6 April 2019,
(_d) £36,200 if applying on or after 6 April 2020,
whichever is higher, where the appropriate rate or salary includes basic pay and
allowances as set out in paragraph 79E or paragraph 100A of Appendix A.

thanks again

Delaram06
Newly Registered

Post by Delaram06 » Thu Oct 22, 2015 7:19 pm

Hello and thank you so much to the informing and useful comments.

I am about to change sponsor and couple of question and concerns came along. I will be grateful if anybody can advice based on their experience adn understanding from the similar case.

Currently holding Tier 2 General Visa (Valid till June 2017)
New Sponsor assign new CoS for me starting on 11/January/2016. This CoS will met all the Job criteria, salary requirement, resident market research test (I hope so) and the rest.

I am going to use Priority (10 days post) service and hoping to have the result on my application by 10 of November 2015

1- If for any reason my new Tier 2 Application rejected. Will this affect my current Leave to remain which is valid till June 2017.
2- If the application is successful, bear in mind I will receive the decision by 10th of November 2015 and the CoS will not start until 11 January 2016, dosed this allow me to work under my current sponsor till 11 January 2016 to complete the notice period and then move (Based on Tier 2 General 221 Guidance)
3- In above case, if they issue me the new BRP (Biometric Residence permit) will the start date on that will be the decision date (10 November 2015, roughly)?
4- Or, are they issuing the new BRP with the CoS start date (11 January 2016) and return the current one?

Once again I will appriciat your comment on this