ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

What's the financial requirement for 5 Years Family Visa?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

fionajojo16
Newly Registered

What's the financial requirement for 5 Years Family Visa?

Post by fionajojo16 » Sat Oct 24, 2015 8:59 pm

Hello,

I would like to know what is the financial requirement for my mum if she wants to apply for a UK 5 years visit visa? For example, how much fixed assets she needs to have in her bank accounts, and for how long? Does she need to provide her monthly salary? And also what other documents she needs to provide?

My mother is 58 this year, and she is living in China now. She has enough savings and own her apartment in China. But she has no other family members there.

I'm a resident in England and will apply for my PR next year. My husband is an Italian citizen and we both have been living and working in England for almost 5 years. We bought a house and would like to have our first kid next year. Therefore my mother would like to come to visit us and hopefully her grandchild on a regular basis each year (max. 180 days as we know).

I have been checking similar FAQ online but couldn't find any good answers. Hope to have my question solved here. Thank you very much.

vinny

Re: What's the financial requirement for 5 Years Family Visa

Post by vinny » Sat Oct 24, 2015 9:42 pm

See also Guidance.
Visit Guidance wrote:Maintenance and accommodation
See paragraphs V 4.2(e) and V 4.3-4 of the visitor rules.

Check the applicant has access to sufficient resources to maintain and accommodate themselves adequately for the whole of their planned visit to the UK.

There is no set level of funds required for an applicant to show this....
As a comparison, see also Means of Subsistence for Schengen Visa.
Funds Required wrote:Most guidebooks recommend approximately £30-60 per day for a visitor, therefore we would recommend that your visitor aims to hold this amount per day, depending on their duration of visit.
However, some recommend GBP 80-120 per day.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.