ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

status of dependant visa

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

sagill

Re: switching of tier 4 dependant

Post by sagill » Mon Nov 02, 2015 12:56 am

thanks sah10406 for your reply.

I want to clear some things about me.

first I am dependant of student not the main student. Main student is a college student.
second I don't have a bachelor or master degree from uk

cos I check the link ,there is no category of dependant visa.
in link its is written that you have a bachelor or master degree from uk.

having these things can I still switch?

after 12 November rules are changing, these changes have any impact on this switching?

best regards

sah10406
Diamond Member

Re: switching of tier 4 dependant

Post by sah10406 » Mon Nov 02, 2015 8:17 am

sagill wrote:cos I check the link ,there is no category of dependant visa.
You didn't check it very thoroughly. It confirms:

You can also switch to a Tier 2 (General) visa if you’re:
* a dependent partner of someone with a Tier 4 visa

Whether you personally and your job meet the criteria for switching Tier 2 you will need to check with your employer.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

sagill

college dependants

Post by sagill » Thu Dec 17, 2015 3:52 pm

hi,

according to new rule college students have to apply from back country to extend their visa or for a fresh application,what are the new rules about their dependants? they have to apply from back country or they can apply within country?

I am a college students my college licence is suspended and am applying from back country ,it would be fresh application.but my dependants are here from the last 3.5 years.from where they had to apply ? pls guide me.

regards

khanmzk

Re: college dependants

Post by khanmzk » Thu Dec 17, 2015 6:09 pm

You May see me struggling but you will never see me quitting

sagill

Post by sagill » Fri Dec 18, 2015 2:03 am

thanks for reply

I am confused about this link, to my understanding of this link we all need to apply from that place from where main applicant is applying ie back country.
I would be thankful if you explain in one word, from where my dependants have to apply?

regards

sah10406
Diamond Member

Post by sah10406 » Fri Dec 18, 2015 10:37 am

sagill wrote:I am confused about this link, to my understanding of this link we all need to apply from that place from where main applicant is applying ie back country.
I would be thankful if you explain in one word, from where my dependants have to apply?
Home.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

sagill

Post by sagill » Fri Dec 18, 2015 2:26 pm

thanks shah for reply.

bit more time for me,

is it possible that we apply turn by turn ie first I apply when I secure my visa then my dependants apply?
or

we all have to apply at the same time?

best regards

sah10406
Diamond Member

Post by sah10406 » Fri Dec 18, 2015 4:43 pm

sagill wrote:we all have to apply at the same time?
Did you read the information at that link? You need to meet all the provisions of option 3, which includes

you apply for immigration permission at the same time as your dependant

sagill

i am in trouble n need advice

Post by sagill » Thu Mar 17, 2016 4:48 am

hello guys

I am in trouble and very confused what do next,

i came here on student visa three and half years before ,due to some reason I am unable to extend my student visa,i had two kids, one of them born here,my son who came with me here is nearly 5 years,and daughter who born here is three and half,my husband is doing a job in a semi govt. organisation with good salary .

i am confused what to do next. i am worry about my kids ,it looks very difficult to take them back country,both are very adjusted in their nursery, my son will start schooling in this September.

can we have any option to extend our stay in uk?
some people are asking to file FLR application ,same way lot of people say chances of success in FLR is very very less,
so, so confuses what to do!!

pls can any body guide me what is best for us?

regards

Member of Standing

Re: i am in trouble n need advice

Post by member » Thu Mar 17, 2016 5:57 am

sagill wrote:hello guys

I am in trouble and very confused what do next,

i came here on student visa three and half years before ,due to some reason I am unable to extend my student visa,i had two kids, one of them born here,my son who came with me here is nearly 5 years,and daughter who born here is three and half,my husband is doing a job in a semi govt. organisation with good salary .

i am confused what to do next. i am worry about my kids ,it looks very difficult to take them back country,both are very adjusted in their nursery, my son will start schooling in this September.

can we have any option to extend our stay in uk?
some people are asking to file FLR application ,same way lot of people say chances of success in FLR is very very less,
so, so confuses what to do!!

pls can any body guide me what is best for us?

regards
What is your husband's immigration status in the UK?
Were you legally married to your husband?

sagill

Post by sagill » Thu Mar 17, 2016 11:05 am

He is on my spouse visa( tier 4 dependant )
And we married legally in home country

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Mar 17, 2016 11:12 am

Unless your spouse can get a visa, you stand little chance with an FLR(FP) as your children are still small and can adjust to moving back to home country.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru

Post by Frontier Mole » Fri Mar 18, 2016 10:20 am

FLR(FP) will get refused and refused quickly.

Your only reasonable option is to see if your husbands company is able to Sponsor him under Tier2. If they have a licence already they would need to get a Restricted COS and do a RLMT. Assuming all goes well and there is not a better UK / EEA candidate then it is a possibility.

Your husbands role obviously has to meet NQF6 criteria.

The same scenario applies to you too. Can you find a Tier 2 role / Sponsor?

sagill

Post by sagill » Fri Mar 18, 2016 4:03 pm

Suppose we file a FLR(FP)
Can we get enough time throug FLR application
,through right of appeal or judicial review that we can apply for
Child basis .my kids will reach age of 5 if we get 1.5 years through FLR!!!

Casa

Post by Casa » Fri Mar 18, 2016 4:09 pm

CR001 wrote:Unless your spouse can get a visa, you stand little chance with an FLR(FP) as your children are still small and can adjust to moving back to home country.
As CR001 has already advised children adapt very easily to a new environment. Even 5 years olds. The 1.5 year 'buying time' period won't cut any ice with the HO. Frontier Mole has given you excellent advice.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Greenie
Respected Guru

Post by Greenie » Fri Mar 18, 2016 9:06 pm

It's much harder to buy time these days. what is your nationality and why do you think it will be so hard for them to adapt given their young ages?