ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 4 online application error

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

londonphd

Tier 4 online application error

Post by londonphd » Thu Nov 05, 2015 5:39 pm

I managed to make an error in my Tier 4 application form and only noticed it when prompted to pay for Immigration health surcharge. I put my family name in the slot for "Given Name" and my given name in the slot "Family Name", what an embarrassment.

Does anyone know what I should do to correct the error? Will a cover letter explaining the error and showing the correct info be sufficient?

Thanks!

sah10406
Diamond Member

Re: Tier 4 online application error

Post by sah10406 » Fri Nov 06, 2015 5:34 pm

londonphd wrote:Does anyone know what I should do to correct the error? Will a cover letter explaining the error and showing the correct info be sufficient?
Just add a note on the cover sheet. It will be very clear what has happened, and is extremely unlikely to affect the application in any way.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

londonphd

Re: Tier 4 online application error

Post by londonphd » Fri Nov 06, 2015 8:48 pm

thanks!