ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Swtiching to Tier 2 with LPC

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Evgenia88
Newly Registered

Swtiching to Tier 2 with LPC

Post by Evgenia88 » Fri Nov 06, 2015 8:55 am

Hello everyone,

I am finding myself in a very difficult situation right now.

As an LPC graduate would I be eligible to apply for Tier 2 General without having to leave the UK if offered a full-time job with the UK based employer? I was reading through the guidance on Tier 2 visas and so far have been unable to determine whether the LPC qualification will meet the requirements set out in the guidance:

You must have got 1 of these qualifications from your student visa if you want to switch from a Tier 4 to a Tier 2 (General) visa:

- a UK bachelors degree
- a UK masters degree
- a postgraduate certificate in education
- a professional graduate diploma of education

If I am not mistaken the LPC is a QCF Level 7 course and I have also been led to believe that provided you have a job offer in place there should be no further difficulties in this respect.

If any of you could shed some light on the issue I would greatly appreciate. Did you switch from Tier 4 to Tier 2 having completed the LPC? if so, what was the outcome?

Many thanks in advance!

sah10406
Diamond Member

Re: Swtiching to Tier 2 with LPC

Post by sah10406 » Fri Nov 06, 2015 5:38 pm

Evgenia88 wrote:If I am not mistaken the LPC is a QCF Level 7 course and I have also been led to believe that provided you have a job offer in place there should be no further difficulties in this respect.
The requirement is not about the level of the qualification, but that it is *is* one of those four types of qualification.

Your potential Tier 2 employer needs to advise you on this, but I can't see how they could sponsor you for an application in the UK, only in your home country.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

Evgenia88
Newly Registered

Post by Evgenia88 » Sat Nov 07, 2015 12:23 am

sah10406 wrote:
Evgenia88 wrote:If I am not mistaken the LPC is a QCF Level 7 course and I have also been led to believe that provided you have a job offer in place there should be no further difficulties in this respect.
The requirement is not about the level of the qualification, but that it is *is* one of those four types of qualification.

Your potential Tier 2 employer needs to advise you on this, but I can't see how they could sponsor you for an application in the UK, only in your home country.

Thank you for your reply! I have also previously completed my masters degree in the UK. Would it help?

sah10406
Diamond Member

Post by sah10406 » Sat Nov 07, 2015 7:43 am

Evgenia88 wrote:I have also previously completed my masters degree in the UK. Would it help?
Only if you completed it immediately before the LPC. See http://www.ukcisa.org.uk/International- ... m-the-RLMT
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.