ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Academic Visitor Visa

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

garimalaw
Newly Registered

Academic Visitor Visa

Post by garimalaw » Sun Nov 08, 2015 10:29 pm

I am from India, but currently a Doctoral Candidate with an Italian University. I have been selected by Oxford University, UK for the Academic Visitor Programme for a period of one month. I have to conduct my own research, I am not a part of any research project of Oxford (so cannot be business visitor) and I am to use the facilities to work on my own.

After going through various visa types I contacted the Oxford University indicating that I may need a "Short Term Student Visitor" Visa and for that I need a letter to which the University replied that I need to apply for "Academic Visitor" only as I would not be "enrolled" as a student and I should ask for a letter from my University in Italy saying that they are giving me leave for the duration of visiting programme and that I am coming for exchange of information and experience and conduct my research. Further, since my Italian University will completely fund the Visiting Period, it should not be a problem.

I read here http://www.postgraduateforum.com/thread-12278 that it is possible for a PhD to get an academic visitor if I have a strong CV, my university indicated "leave" and "funding". Is this acceptable as I am a bit confused?

In the tab where the Visa application asks "student" or "working" -should I say part time working?

I would be really thankful if someone would help me with suggestions on making the application stronger.

Greenie
Respected Guru

Re: Academic Visitor Visa

Post by Greenie » Sat Mar 05, 2016 9:33 pm

are you working as an academic in your university in Italy?