ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Address on BRP Letter

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

jonser

Address on BRP Letter

Post by jonser » Tue Nov 10, 2015 3:25 pm

Hi All,
I applied for the Tier 1 Entrepreneur visa on 30 October 2015 but I will not be at the address I used for the application. Could anyone please help me out with the address that is stated at the back of the biometrics letter envelope? I want my flatmate to be on the look out for my biometrics letter so she can let me know when it arrives and I can go and pick it up.

Also within what time-frame from when the biometrics letter is received does one have to enrol? Is it 10 days or working days?

I look forward to your answers

Many thanks

Member of Standing

Re: Address on BRP Letter

Post by 10020132 » Wed Nov 11, 2015 12:52 am

You can change the address whenever you want to. You can do it online.
They give you 14 working days to submit your fingerprints and if you can't make it within this timeframe they give you another couple of weeks

jonser

Post by jonser » Wed Nov 11, 2015 7:19 am

Hi,
Thanks for your reply. I meant the address on the envelope that holds the letter. I want my flatmate to be able to identify which letter is from Home Office without having to open all the letters that come in for me in my absence.

jonser

Post by jonser » Thu Nov 12, 2015 10:14 am

Hello people. Please can anyone help? I have not moved from the address. I will just not be living there for the next 4 weeks because of work and it is 3 hours away from where I am currently staying which is why I would need to be sure the mail is from HO before setting off as I cannot afford to go there every weekend to check if the mail has arrived. Can anyone check the envelope their biometrics letter came in? Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you...

aby00156
Member of Standing
Mood:
India

Post by aby00156 » Thu Nov 12, 2015 12:14 pm

Simple just register for a redirection service in Royal mail.

By this they will redirect all the mails coming in your name on your old address to the new address. Its simple and easy.
So verily, with every difficulty, there is relief.

jonser

Post by jonser » Thu Nov 12, 2015 12:20 pm

Thanks for your response but I have read in so many places that mail redirection does not always work.

Moreover I would not want a temporary address where I will only live in for 4 weeks to reflect on my credit file.

It is so much easier to know what address is at "if undelivered return to" section at the back of the envelope so I know when the letter arrives and then I will travel to go and pick it up.