ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Using solicitor for extension application process

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

crazy_ram

Using solicitor for extension application process

Post by crazy_ram » Thu Nov 12, 2015 10:58 am

Dear members,
I need some advise from experienced members. I am going to apply for T1-(E) extension in January or February next year. I am thinking and asking people for advise whether I use an experienced solicitor or apply just by myself. I can read & properly understand application form & policy guidance and get the paperwork ready. But, some people said that the application will be properly considered with out raising silly queries when applied through a legal firm. Some people advised to apply through a British solicitor rather than Asian solicitor to be more authenticated. I am totally confused and unable to make any decision. Can you please share your experiences or advises, that may be helpful to come to a decision.
Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Kind regards,
Ram

aby00156
Member of Standing
Mood:
India

Re: Using solicitor for extension application process

Post by aby00156 » Thu Nov 12, 2015 12:12 pm

If you can understand and fill the form by yourself and are confident that you have met the extension criteria then there is no need to use a Lawyer or Solicitor.

You application will be checked on individual basis and credibility of the documents you submit. The solicitor has no role in approval of your application.

Its completely upto to you what you want to do. As personally, I say apply by your own rather than hiring a solicitor.

Best of luck for your application. :)
So verily, with every difficulty, there is relief.

crazy_ram

Post by crazy_ram » Thu Nov 12, 2015 2:23 pm

Thanks for your response aby.
Opinions or experiences from other members also will be appreciated.

Regards,
Ram

samaygrg

Post by samaygrg » Fri Nov 13, 2015 9:49 am

crazy_ram wrote:Dear members,
I need some advise from experienced members. I am going to apply for T1-(E) extension in January or February next year. I am thinking and asking people for advise whether I use an experienced solicitor or apply just by myself. I can read & properly understand application form & policy guidance and get the paperwork ready. But, some people said that the application will be properly considered with out raising silly queries when applied through a legal firm. Some people advised to apply through a British solicitor rather than Asian solicitor to be more authenticated. I am totally confused and unable to make any decision. Can you please share your experiences or advises, that may be helpful to come to a decision.
Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Kind regards,
Ram
Hi
I just wanted to clear the air little bit about the perception of hiring solicitor adds extra credit on your application. I had gone through one of the top-ten British Solicitor firm of London in my initial application along with my all A1 credentials and approved Business plan, I was asked to come for interview for silly questions. And I have seen many getting visa approved without interview who applied on their own or had gone with cheap one-man consultancy.

I don't mean here to say the big immigration firms are bad neither are the small-just-started one-man consultancies. I'm just trying to say, we can not generalize as nothing is predictable from other side, no matter how you go ahead.

So bottom line is just do your bits best, believe on yourself, do not leave any stones unturned and there is always a 50% chance and 'keep praying'.

:lol: :) :D
Thanks and best wishes in advance.