ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR and Visa Fees for Schengen Land Travel

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Jeya1970
Newly Registered

ILR and Visa Fees for Schengen Land Travel

Post by Jeya1970 » Fri Nov 13, 2015 5:42 pm

HI, me and my family hold Sri Lanka Passports. We recently got out Indefinite Leave Remain i UK and have got our bio metric cards. we plan to travel to Austria on a short break. while i understand that we need to get Schengen Visa, my question is, do we need to pay the Visa Fee? i heard from a friend that if you have ILR in UK, while you need to get the Visa for EU travel, you will not be charged for the Visa fee. it will be great if this can be clarified.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: ILR and Visa Fees for Schengen Land Travel

Post by Wanderer » Fri Nov 13, 2015 6:04 pm

AIUI only those with EU derivative rights can travel fee free.

Bear in mind you will most likely also have to pay a processing fee to the visa agent as well.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Nov 13, 2015 8:39 pm

What you are referring to is if someone with ILR is married to a British citizen.

You will need to pay unfortunately, roughly 10-15 days processing and you will need submit proof of funds, accommodation, flights, and travel insurance, etc.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Fri Nov 13, 2015 9:49 pm

To clarify further, ILR is a status that is domestic to the UK and that is not related in any way to the EU or its other members.

Irrespective of ILR status, if you are the parents or spouse of an EEA citizen and are traveling either with the EEA citizen or to meet them within the Schengen Zone, then your Schengen visa application would be free.

Just ILR status on its own does not give any concessions for the purpose of the Schengen visa.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

Jeya1970
Newly Registered

Post by Jeya1970 » Sat Nov 14, 2015 1:07 pm

Dear All, thanks a lot for the response and clarity. appreciate it very much