ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA2 Appeal Timelines - ONLY 1 TOPIC - UpToDate

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Ali12035
Germany

Re: EEA2 Appeal Timelines - ONLY 1 TOPIC - UpToDate

Post by Ali12035 » Thu Jul 23, 2015 11:28 am

Hi,
My son applied for EEA family permit he is 15 years old and was refused, we appealed against decision and was heard on30 June after that till yet we didn't heard any thing from tribunal.

There was no any other side lawyer in court only me my wife judge and our Solictor, judge took only 7 minutes to hear appeal and told us that you will receive your decision soon.

Reply please

brineta.mace
Newly Registered

Post by brineta.mace » Sun Aug 02, 2015 10:36 am

Hi ,

I have been reading this forum every day since I have problem with my RC, and it was very helpful. I need some advices about my situation. I will be very grateful if someone can explain some things to me.

My timeline:

(My Husband EEA, Me- NON EEA)

20 Jan 2015-sent application for RC,
28 Jan 2015 Received COA......
waiting 6 months. And 4 days before the 6 months period expiring I've got a refusal on
24 Jul 2015 (dated 08/07/15)with right to appeal ( documents still in HO).

The refusal is because when they check my husband employment , my husband changed his working company and they can not find out does my husband work or not.

So I have made an appeal, but I don't know what to do while I am waiting. Yesterday I lose my job because my employer said that they have received a letter from HO that I don't have right to work in UK any more. Do I have right to work while I am waiting for my appeal?

Should I make some request to the HO to send me another COA until the decision from the appeal is done?!?

And another question; I made booking for our summer holiday few months ago, and on the 2 Sep I need to travel. What should I do?
Should I ask them to give my documents back and how I can do that, and will they allow me to come back in the country even if I don't have any visa or RC.

Thanks in advance....

Moon_78676
Newly Registered

Post by Moon_78676 » Mon Aug 31, 2015 4:34 pm

Hello all , i try to read all member post but I feel the pain you all going I am one of you
My time line
Application rc : jan 2013
Coa : jan 2013 with right of work
Rc :refuse with no right of appeal August
PAP :JR& reconsider (August 2013)
Reconsider : refuse with right of appeal
First tri date :jun 2014 but adj with next date November 2013
Appeal decision: dismiss but right of appeal
Appeal upper tri : heard March 2015 but again adj..next date jun2015
Upper tri decision :appeal allow but send back to HO for reconsider for rc
RC :still waiting for two months after appeal allow :|

Blinxy
Mood:
Senegal

Post by Blinxy » Mon Aug 31, 2015 11:23 pm

Hi,

To be short my eea2 was refused because we didn't send the new contract Of my husband. I sent all the paper for the appeal. I send the documents for reconsideration and the case worker refuse to reconsideration. It's been 2weeks and no letter or Nothing. Can you let me know how do you know about :
1) appeal allow or Not (timeline for letter or email)
2) the date Of trial

Thanks.

raf7

Post by raf7 » Sat Sep 19, 2015 10:20 am

Hi! Has any one been to a appeal lately. And also anyone's refusal letter says that they have to go back to there country while the appeal is being processed ?

Blinxy
Mood:
Senegal

Post by Blinxy » Sun Sep 20, 2015 1:14 am

Hi,

Ra7 are you a march applicant?

You'll receive a letter after you appeal saying that they receive your appeal and then that you have until a day to sent more documents for consideration. if you don't have any documents to send then that's fine.

I have until the 30th september to do so. I think that i'll get a date of hearing after. I'll keep you posted.

We can keep in touch since nobody's replying. I'' be posting any updates that I have it might help somebody.

raf7

Post by raf7 » Sun Sep 20, 2015 9:48 am

Hi blinxy!! Yes I am a March applicant. Had a interview and got
Refusal. Did you had any interviews or home visit ?

Blinxy
Mood:
Senegal

Post by Blinxy » Mon Sep 21, 2015 9:54 pm

raf7 wrote:Hi blinxy!! Yes I am a March applicant. Had a interview and got
Refusal. Did you had any interviews or home visit ?

No home visit. The refusal is because we didn't send the new contract of my husband. When they called they told them that he wasn't working there anymore, so they considered that he wasn't exercing his treaty rights. He changed work so we made an appeal and provided all the evidence. I am waiting for a letter for the trial day. I don't know what is next so I can just wait for a letter or an email....

What was the reason of your refusal?

raf7

Post by raf7 » Mon Sep 21, 2015 10:43 pm

Oh right!! I think once you launch your appeal and submit the required documents, HO will withdraw from the opposition and you will not be needed to go to the court.

I had an interview and 2-3 answers of me and my wife didn't matched so mine got refused .. My solicitor said I will get my hearing date in March. What did your solicitor said ?

Blinxy
Mood:
Senegal

Post by Blinxy » Thu Sep 24, 2015 9:30 pm

raf7 wrote:Oh right!! I think once you launch your appeal and submit the required documents, HO will withdraw from the opposition and you will not be needed to go to the court.

I had an interview and 2-3 answers of me and my wife didn't matched so mine got refused .. My solicitor said I will get my hearing date in March. What did your solicitor said ?

Oh I see!!!! To be honest I don't have a sollicitor.We didn't choose to go to the hearing and all procedure will be in papers!I don't think we need a sollicitor just for a contract update.... I'll let you know if I have something in the mail regarding a hearing date or something.

Then I think for everybody that have an appeal I will take time to give my full timeline so they know what to expect...

Let me know about you aswell. I think it can help others to share their experiences.

I also came up on this link and I think it's good to read some cases:(focus on those staring with "IA/")

https://tribunalsdecisions.service.gov.uk/utiac

raf7

Post by raf7 » Mon Sep 28, 2015 5:21 pm

Thanks blinxy!! That link is very
Helpful in giving an idea about what happens there. Are we allowed to work during the appeal.if yes, how can we proove it to the employer?

Moon_78676
Newly Registered

Post by Moon_78676 » Sat Oct 03, 2015 2:12 pm

Hello all, it's over 3 months since my appeal allowed and I haven't get any news for HO and I made a call last week and they told me it's still in process. I did send letters to caseworkers but no reply , any ideas what is the next best step I can take to get any thing for them ?

raf7

Post by raf7 » Sat Oct 03, 2015 4:26 pm

Hello moon! Can you share more information about your case please

Moon_78676
Newly Registered

Post by Moon_78676 » Sun Oct 04, 2015 6:10 pm

raf7 wrote:Hello moon! Can you share more information about your case please
Hello ref7 , my case is very different to all and I fight with them very hard to sort it out , in short they mixup my file with some one els file when I request my wife passport back

nora_804

Post by nora_804 » Sun Oct 25, 2015 9:49 pm

Blinxy wrote:Hi,

You'll receive a letter after you appeal saying that they receive your appeal and then that you have until a day to sent more documents for consideration. if you don't have any documents to send then that's fine.

I have until the 30th september to do so. I think that i'll get a date of hearing after. I'll keep you posted.

We can keep in touch since nobody's replying. I'' be posting any updates that I have it might help somebody.
Hi Blinxy

I have sent appeal 10.10.2015 but I have not received any confirmation that they received my appeal. Do you know how long it takes before they send such a letter?

Thank you
Application sent: 14.04.15
COA: 05.05.15
Passport requested: 03.09.15
Passport received: 15.09.15
Home office called my employer: 10.09.15
Im EEA citizen, RC for my husband
RC: Pending

bittu83
Newly Registered

Post by bittu83 » Sat Nov 14, 2015 10:08 pm

nora_804 wrote:

Hi Blinxy

I have sent appeal 10.10.2015 but I have not received any confirmation that they received my appeal. Do you know how long it takes before they send such a letter?

Thank you

Hi everybody
I am silent rider from last year when i apply for my visa. I am the visa national and my wife its the sponsor.Last year i submit my application and april this year we had home office visit in our home after short time we got refuse on a stupid grounds from which they say its marriage of convinience.Then we went for appeal with oral hearing on 9 november we went in the court with my wife and our witnesses .At the court HO was unpresented and we had only our barista and thu djudge inside.She ask us some questions and we finished for less then an hour.
Thats our short story.My questuions to all the members of this great forum and specialy to the gurus here its:
How long after the case its herd in the court we will receive decision?
Its there any one who got an appeal where therer HO wan upresented and what was the outcome of the case ?
Since we applied last year November if our appeal is allowed and HO does not chalenge the decision of the djuge how long its gona take them to send my visa and its gona be in my passport or like the new one RC like credit card .
Thank you very much i would apreciate any responce from you and i am sory for the long post

miu912

Post by miu912 » Mon Nov 30, 2015 10:42 am

bittu83 wrote:
nora_804 wrote:

Hi Blinxy

Thank you

Hi everybody
I am silent rider from last year when i apply for my visa. I am the visa national and my wife its the sponsor.Last year i submit my application and april this year we had home office visit in our home after short time we got refuse on a stupid grounds from which they say its marriage of convinience.Then we went for appeal with oral hearing on 9 november we went in the court with my wife and our witnesses .At the court HO was unpresented and we had only our barista and thu djudge inside.She ask us some questions and we finished for less then an hour.
Thats our short story.My questuions to all the members of this great forum and specialy to the gurus here its:
Its there any one who got an appeal where therer HO wan upresented and what was the outcome of the case ?
Since we applied last year November if our appeal is allowed and HO does not chalenge the decision of the djuge how long its gona take them to send my visa and its gona be in my passport or like the new one RC like credit card .
Thank you very much i would apreciate any responce from you and i am sory for the long post
Hi did u contact ur MP? I saw some ppl said MP can help about this.
maybe I ask u a question, I just got a letter HO refus my app, I'm think about hearing or paper appeal.
could u pls tell me what make u to choose hearing?

bittu83
Newly Registered

Post by bittu83 » Tue Dec 01, 2015 10:34 pm

miu912 wrote:[quote="bittu83"

Hi everybody
maybe I ask u a question, I just got a letter HO refus my app, I'm think about hearing or paper appeal.
could u pls tell me what make u to choose hearing?[/quote][/quote]

Hi i choose hearing appeal because HO has accused me of being married to my wife just for the sole purpose of me remaining in the country which in- short marriage of convinience. I choose the hearing because that way you can go with your partner and the Judge can see you both and will have the chance to talk to you and ask you questions and also the HO can see you.In my case there where not there and the Judge allowed my appeal on 19 of November.I got the letter on 24 of November.Today 1 of December i got letter from my solicitor to submit my passport again to the HO in order to implement the decision on my case.

If you have any questions i would be glad to answear them to you if i can .Wish you all the best and soon to receive your RC.

yazz
Newly Registered

Post by yazz » Fri Dec 04, 2015 10:54 pm

bittu83 wrote:

Hi everybody
[/quote]

Hi i choose hearing appeal because HO has accused me of being married to my wife just for the sole purpose of me remaining in the country which in- short marriage of convinience. I choose the hearing because that way you can go with your partner and the Judge can see you both and will have the chance to talk to you and ask you questions and also the HO can see you.In my case there where not there and the Judge allowed my appeal on 19 of November.I got the letter on 24 of November.Today 1 of December i got letter from my solicitor to submit my passport again to the HO in order to implement the decision on my case.

If you have any questions i would be glad to answear them to you if i can .Wish you all the best and soon to receive your RC.[/quote]
hi biitu , please can u tell me how long it take for the appeal hearing date to be listed. thanks

yazz
Newly Registered

Post by yazz » Sat Dec 05, 2015 3:15 am

yazz wrote:
bittu83 wrote:

Hi everybody

If you have any questions i would be glad to answear them to you if i can .Wish you all the best and soon to receive your RC.[/quote]

hi biitu , please can u tell me how long it take for the appeal hearing date to be listed. thanks[/quote]

kororo
Newly Registered

Post by kororo » Sun Dec 06, 2015 12:10 pm

To be short my eea2 was refused because we didn't send the new contract Of my husband. I sent all the paper for the appeal. I send the documents for reconsideration and the case worker refuse to reconsideration. It's been 2weeks and no letter or Nothing. Can you let me know how do you know about :
1) appeal allow or Not (timeline for letter or email)
2) the date Of trial

Thanks.
Hi Blinxy,

We are in exactly the same situation as you. I'm non EEA, my husband is EEA. He changed his workplace during my EEA2 application as well. We even called HO when he started working at new place and was told as it is unnecessary to send the update contract! Then 3 months later I received the refusal letter with cause "you have failed to provide any evidence as to how your EEA FM is currently exercising their treaty rights in the UK".

We have chosen to appeal because we called HO and the person on the phone told us that it may take 4 months if we go for appeal while new application will take 6 months (after reading 50 pages of this forum, seem that it is not true!). We have chosen the hearing (without solicitor). Since then 6 weeks already we have no news from FTT. I see that they can have up to 8 weeks for reconsideration.

- How did they informed you about reconsideration?
- Have you heard from them since then and how (email/call/letter)?
- Anyone knows who is MP ? How to contact them ? (sorry it may be a silly question)

@Blinxy Let's keep updated our situation since we have very similar case, it may help the others as well. I'm so relieved that this forum does exist !

Here my EEA2 appeal timeline:
COA of EEA2 application 04/06/2015
EE2 application refused letter dated 17/10/2015, letter received 20/10/2015
Appeal form sent 22/10/2015

raf7

Post by raf7 » Thu Dec 10, 2015 2:25 pm

My solicitor applied for court appeal 11 weeks ago and hasn't received any reply regarding the hearing date yet. Anyone in the same situation ??

yazz
Newly Registered

Post by yazz » Thu Dec 10, 2015 8:01 pm

its been 6 months, havent got hearing date yet, any idea HOW LONG ??

Blinxy
Mood:
Senegal

Post by Blinxy » Fri Dec 11, 2015 8:18 pm

Hi all,

Little update. Basicly @koroko

- How did they informed you about reconsideration? I sent a reconsideration letter to the agent in charge of my application he replied sayind he's not going to reconsider because I was aware that I needed to send the new cotract as mentionned in the application. He told me to either do a new application or appeal

- Have you heard from them since then and how (email/call/letter)?

I choose the same option as you without sollicitor. By choosing that option you'll never know when they're going to review your case. You're in the queue and when a judge is available your case will be reviewed.

I call the tribunal 3 times and got 3 different stories:
1- the lady I got on the phone told me that the procedure can take around 3-4 months for the judge to consider and make a decision. I can keep calling to see if there is updates. They'll not send you a letter letting you know if you have a hearing date or not. You'll only receive a letter to let you know the issue of your appeal

2- the guy told me that the average time is around 8 to 12 months for the judge to take a decision. No letter send to you until the decision is made by judge.

3- can't give me informations about the case only that the received it and that I am on the queue.

So after submitting your appeal your need to wait until the judge takes a decision if you take the option of not taking a sollicitor. That is insane. The first time I made my application it was in January 2015 and re-apply in March because the payment didn't get through (total lie from HO)
So basicly 1 year almost waiting for my RC!!!! I also heard that after the decision if the HO doesn't try to appeal against the decision it will take another 6 months for them to process the RC....

kororo
Newly Registered

Post by kororo » Tue Dec 22, 2015 7:30 pm

Hi Blinxy,

I called HO and also the Tribunal and had also many different versions. Basically :

- There isn't reconsideration because it is only applied for people who have applied from outside UK. So I won't have a reconsideration neither b/c I applied from inside UK.

- Timeline for appeal is very different from one case to another. It could be 4 months up to more than a year. When I called HO they advised me to go for appeal because they told me that it will take only around 4 months. I shouldn't do that because they told me now that it can take a year or more !

- I haven't any new from them since 2 months, I called 3 times and was told to be patient. I've chosen to have a hearing so I'm on the waiting list for now.

- About HO try to appeal against the tribunal's decision, I read in this forum that they have 3 months after the day of decision...

Fingers crossed for you and everyone in the same situation. And happy holiday by the way :)