ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PROXY MARRIAGE SYRIA AND UK

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Ruken123456
Newly Registered

PROXY MARRIAGE SYRIA AND UK

Post by Ruken123456 » Wed Nov 18, 2015 11:15 am

Dear all,

I was wondering if anybody has any knowledge as per proxy marriages in Syria and whether or not it will be recognised in the UK.

The matter relates to a spousal visa application to the UK in which the marriage is intended to to take place in Syria by proxy (husband in UK, wife in Syria).

Many thanks.

secret.simon

Re: PROXY MARRIAGE SYRIA AND UK

Post by secret.simon » Wed Nov 18, 2015 12:47 pm

Which legal authority in Syria will be issuing the certificates?

As Syria is effectively in a state of war with three effective governments (the Assad regime, the Free Syrian Army & Daesh) , I am not sure whether the UK government would recognise a proxy marriage as none of them would be recognised as having jurisdiction.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.