ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Fail to pay IHS online (5 July 2015)

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

tombali
Newly Registered

Fail to pay IHS online (5 July 2015)

Post by tombali » Tue Jul 14, 2015 8:52 am

I applied the student visa using online application form on https://www.visa4uk.fco.gov.uk/ and I completed the application on 5 July 2015. However, it turned out that I had not yet paid the IHS, yet I managed to complete the application. As you guys know, prior to 5 July, the visa application and IHS payment are made separately from different websites. Since 5 July, they have changed the system such that the application for both visa and IHS are now integrated, and you need to pay for both IHS and visa via the visa application online. It seemed that I was caught in the transition period which made me unable to be directed to IHS payment website while completing the online visa application.

Additionally, I tried to use the old IHS Portal https://www.immigration-health-surcharg ... ment/start and it does not seem to work either. In the end, the page said "You don’t need to continue. You need to pay the IHS in your visa application if you’re applying from outside the UK”.

Please help me solve this problem. Thanks in advance.

sah10406
Diamond Member

Re: Fail to pay IHS online (5 July 2015)

Post by sah10406 » Tue Jul 14, 2015 9:04 am

Cancel your application and start again.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

tombali
Newly Registered

Post by tombali » Tue Jul 14, 2015 9:38 am

sah10406 wrote:Cancel your application and start again.
Tks for yr advice. Unfortunately i've submitted and collected the application to Visa Collection Centre and they said to pay IHS online.

richardsoncleetus
Newly Registered

Post by richardsoncleetus » Thu Jul 16, 2015 8:43 pm

@tombali please update on your situation. this happened to me too.

richardsoncleetus
Newly Registered

Post by richardsoncleetus » Thu Jul 16, 2015 9:09 pm

tombali wrote:
sah10406 wrote:Cancel your application and start again.
Tks for yr advice. Unfortunately i've submitted and collected the application to Visa Collection Centre and they said to pay IHS online.
please update your current situation.

joyang74
Newly Registered

Post by joyang74 » Fri Jul 17, 2015 10:18 pm

Hi,

I'm not sure if this will help you at all, since you submitted your Visa Collection Centre, and I didn't.

But I am in the exact same situation as you. I started my application on the 2nd of july, and submitted after the 4th. I didn't realize that I couldn't pay for IHS fee until I have done literally everything else (application, application fee, biometrics appointment...etc)

So in a moment of panic, I spent £1.37 per minute and called the Enquiry Center (011 44 1243 213 387). They instructed me to do the following to remedy my situation:

1) create another account
2) fill out another application (no need to print out)
3) make another biometric appointment (no need to attend)
4) pay another $515 application fee (My heart was bleeding by this point)
5) then the webpage will take you through the process in which you can pay for your IHS
6) mail in your original application (because it has the biometric stamp)
7) supposedly when they see a duplicate payment they will refund you the extra money
8) Make sure you write a cover letter explaining the situation and what you have done, especially about giving you back that $$

I just did this today, and haven't mail everything off yet, so I have no update for you as far as wether or not that works. I would suggest that if this doesn't sound like an option for you, then you should break the piggy bank and call the help center. Good luck!

ainidaud
Newly Registered

Post by ainidaud » Mon Jul 27, 2015 6:37 pm

Hi,

I guess I am in your situation now Joyang. I have called the centre and currently want to start a new application. Can I know your status for the refund process? Have you receive the refund?

Aeriel
Newly Registered

Post by Aeriel » Thu Aug 13, 2015 5:56 am

joyang74 wrote:Hi,

I'm not sure if this will help you at all, since you submitted your Visa Collection Centre, and I didn't.

But I am in the exact same situation as you. I started my application on the 2nd of july, and submitted after the 4th. I didn't realize that I couldn't pay for IHS fee until I have done literally everything else (application, application fee, biometrics appointment...etc)

So in a moment of panic, I spent £1.37 per minute and called the Enquiry Center (011 44 1243 213 387). They instructed me to do the following to remedy my situation:

1) create another account
2) fill out another application (no need to print out)
3) make another biometric appointment (no need to attend)
4) pay another $515 application fee (My heart was bleeding by this point)
5) then the webpage will take you through the process in which you can pay for your IHS
6) mail in your original application (because it has the biometric stamp)
7) supposedly when they see a duplicate payment they will refund you the extra money
8) Make sure you write a cover letter explaining the situation and what you have done, especially about giving you back that $$

I just did this today, and haven't mail everything off yet, so I have no update for you as far as wether or not that works. I would suggest that if this doesn't sound like an option for you, then you should break the piggy bank and call the help center. Good luck!
So how did this worked out for you? Did you get a refund? Please update as this just happened to me. Thanks!

Mysterious

Post by Mysterious » Thu Aug 13, 2015 10:20 am

Same happened to us, started on 5th, had to cancel and repay £1000 again for spouse visa.

Asked for refund, no reply or cancel email - been around 3 weeks today (not excluding working days) but can u guys update? how lond did u get refund after?

Thanks

Aeriel
Newly Registered

Post by Aeriel » Fri Aug 14, 2015 4:37 pm

ainidaud wrote:Hi,

I guess I am in your situation now Joyang. I have called the centre and currently want to start a new application. Can I know your status for the refund process? Have you receive the refund?

Did you guys applied for a refund? I used their "apply for refund option" but every time I try to send it, the date of payment is highlighted every time I submit. thus it doesn't go thru

shahbazali4u
Newly Registered

Post by shahbazali4u » Sat Aug 22, 2015 8:22 am

I had the same problem yesterday, as I started the application before 4th July 2015.
Unfortunately, I realized it after paying for Visa fees, it didn't ask for IHS Fees.
I urgently requested the refund and wrote the reason.
Here's what I received in payment confirmation email.
Refund Policy
Visa Fee

To qualify for a refund of the visa fee, you must notify us in writing of your intention to withdraw the application. This must be received:

Before biometrics have been submitted, and
Within 3 months and 7 days of the date the application was paid for.

UP Fee

You will only be eligible for the User Pay fee to be refunded if you cancel your appointment and claim a refund more than 5 days in advance of the scheduled appointment date.

Requesting A Refund

To request a refund you should:

1. Sign into your Visa4UK account using your email address and password;

2. Select the option ‘View Appointment’ for your application;

3. Select the option ‘Cancel Appointment’;

4. Select ‘Yes’ in the following confirmation dialogue box;

5. Select the option ‘View Payment’ for your application;

6. Scroll down to ‘7. Request Refund’ and select the option ‘Request Refund’;

7. Explain your reason(s) for requesting a refund in the area provided and then select the option ‘Apply for refund’.

That’s it! Your request will be sent to us and we will aim to process your refund request within 10 working days. The funds should appear in your account 3-10 days after your refund has been processed.
It's a good thing, I had money to make another application.

The new applications shows an IHS tab as well.
First, it asks you to make an appointment at Visa Centre.
Secondly, It then takes you for payment of IHS.
Finally, it asks you to make payment of Visa Fees.

Ah well, they should have cancelled or displayed a big warning on all old applications before making such a change.

Sammy27
Newly Registered

Post by Sammy27 » Mon Aug 24, 2015 2:44 pm

Hi

I am also in the same situation. can someone explain to me how the refund work?

i have to create another application and have paid twice now/

Cheers thanks in adance

Sam

sah10406
Diamond Member

Post by sah10406 » Mon Aug 24, 2015 3:52 pm

Sammy27 wrote:can someone explain to me how the refund work?
See https://www.gov.uk/healthcare-immigrati ... on/refunds
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

Sammy27
Newly Registered

Post by Sammy27 » Mon Aug 24, 2015 5:21 pm

sah10406 wrote:
Sammy27 wrote:can someone explain to me how the refund work?
See https://www.gov.uk/healthcare-immigrati ... on/refunds

Hi Sah, thanks for your reply.

I have paid the visa fee twice not the IHS surcharge. Would be helpful if you can help me with this?

Sam

Mysterious

Post by Mysterious » Wed Aug 26, 2015 12:56 pm

im still waiting, been a month since i requested, others did u eventually get ur refund?

Mysterious

Post by Mysterious » Thu Aug 27, 2015 8:54 am

Also did u guys get full applicaion fees refund or did they deduct admin charge ?? because if they did that would b wrong especially as i did start my application after 5th and that IHS Button wasnt there

Owen Du
Newly Registered

Post by Owen Du » Thu Nov 19, 2015 9:07 am

Hello, i had same situation as you guys happened, may i know is anyone get the refund already?
thank you!!

kamishy
Newly Registered

Post by kamishy » Wed Dec 02, 2015 6:16 pm

Mysterious wrote:Same happened to us, started on 5th, had to cancel and repay £1000 again for spouse visa.

Asked for refund, no reply or cancel email - been around 3 weeks today (not excluding working days) but can u guys update? how lond did u get refund after?

Thanks

Hello

Have you received your refund, if yes, how much time it took?

We are very worried because we have to paid £500 again in order to get the visa appointment.

Thanks

jungan
Newly Registered

Post by jungan » Fri Jul 15, 2016 3:34 am

Dear all, I have the same situation here in 2016...
After seeing your discussion, I think the solution is only to withdraw the first application, request for refund and make a new application?

Some questions here, will the refund back as they said in one month? by reading some experience I found it took two to three months to get the refund which is really annoying....
and second, Is it OK to us the SAME account to make a new application?

Thank you all!

jungan
Newly Registered

Post by jungan » Fri Jul 15, 2016 3:52 am

jungan wrote:Dear all, I have the same situation here in 2016...
After seeing your discussion, I think the solution is only to withdraw the first application, request for refund and make a new application?

Some questions here, will the refund back as they said in one month? by reading some experience I found it took two to three months to get the refund which is really annoying....
and second, Is it OK to us the SAME account to make a new application?

Thank you all!
(Answering myself)
Sorry guys I made a mistake, 2015's situation was the combination of two system. Now I am stuck in didn't finish the IHS payment and finish the VISA payment which is not valid....(and that was a stupid decision to jump to continue my application form before finish IHS payment....)
So I have to request the refund.... Hope I can get my refund in one month....