ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying UK General visitor VISA from USA

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

pkaur2012
Newly Registered

Applying UK General visitor VISA from USA

Post by pkaur2012 » Thu Nov 19, 2015 5:02 pm

Hi Folks,

I am new to this forum and i am looking for answers to the following queries:

I am on H1B visa in USA and work in Massachusetts. I am applying for UK General Visitor Visa from Boston and want to confirm if sending my application including my passport and all critical documents via post to New York is safe? I believe for USA there is only one center in New York. Please confirm.

Next, when i was submitting my application and booking my biometric appointment, I got two options to chose from, Super priority and I guess General. I chose General at that time, for a fee of $135. Now i am buying shipping labels and its giving me four options, one for Super priority $954, one for Priority $191, one for Return $32 and one for round trip $50 visa service. I am on time crunch now, can i chose Priority visa service? Will that be okay and consistent with my above choice in VISA application process??

Please suggest guys.

Many Thanks in Advance,
PK

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Re: Applying UK General visitor VISA from USA

Post by cs95tdg » Thu Nov 19, 2015 9:07 pm

pkaur2012 wrote: I am applying for UK General Visitor Visa from Boston and want to confirm if sending my application including my passport and all critical documents via post to New York is safe? I believe for USA there is only one center in New York. Please confirm.
Yes, I believe it is just New York. At least for the East Coast. I've done exactly the same as you are attempting to do, but this was around 9 years ago, so can't comment on your other questions - the rules/requirements & procedure has changed quite a bit since then. I posted by application from Boston where I was working, to New York. No issues in delivery or return of passport. It was quite seamless.