ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Expired Passport: Booking PEO Appointment and Paying IHS

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

perfectisboring
Newly Registered

Expired Passport: Booking PEO Appointment and Paying IHS

Post by perfectisboring » Fri Nov 20, 2015 7:40 pm

Hi there,

I'm in the process of getting everything prepared for my PEO appointment (2nd 2.5-year spouse visa) but I've yet to book it because getting my Canadian passport renewed (it recently expired) has taken much longer than the projected processing times stated.

So, now I'm panicking because I need to book my appointment before December 18 (when my visa expires) but my passport hasn't arrived and Passport Number is one of the first items they ask for when making the appointment and paying the IHS. I've been told that I can get an appointment within the month, and the High Commission said my passport should arrive 'sometime next week' but now I'm scared that I'm cutting it close.

Can I fill in my old passport number, even if the passport has expired? I would bring both my expired and new passport to the appointment.

However, the IHS page says:
"The information taken from your visa application can’t be changed or removed. If you’d like to change or remove this information you must start your visa application again".

So, will they try to charge me twice, or will my IHS reference number be invalid? I'm just very scared of anything going wrong at my PEO appointment.

physicskate
Diamond Member

Re: Expired Passport: Booking PEO Appointment and Paying IHS

Post by physicskate » Sat Nov 21, 2015 10:31 am

You have to have a valid (un-expired) passport. You cannot apply for a visa on an expired passport.

These days, appointments are pretty available and don't always need to be booked weeks in advance. Worse case scenario: you can apply by post.