ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Changing Student visitor visa to TIER4

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

mrayib
Newly Registered

Changing Student visitor visa to TIER4

Post by mrayib » Thu Nov 19, 2015 9:22 pm

Hi everyone,
I am citizen of Azerbaijan Republic and from 23rd of October 2015 until 18th of December I am in London to imrove my English. I have an uncoditional offer from City University London as well.
Question: Is it possible to change visa here in London or I should back to my country and apple from there?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Changing Student visitor visa to TIER4

Post by CR001 » Thu Nov 19, 2015 9:29 pm

should back to my country and apple from there?
See link below. Any form of visitor visa does not permit 'switching' within the UK.

https://www.gov.uk/tier-4-general-visa/ ... -this-visa
Eligibility

You can apply to switch into this category if you’re in the UK under any of the following visas or schemes:

Tier 1 (Post-study work)
Tier 2 (General)
Tier 2 (Intra-company transfer)
Tier 2 (Minister of religion)
Tier 4 (Child)
student (under the rules in place before 31 March 2009)
student re-sitting an examination
student nurse
students writing up a thesis
student union sabbatical officer
work permit holder
postgraduate doctor or dentist
Science and Engineering Graduates Scheme
International Graduates Scheme
Fresh Talent: Working in Scotland Scheme
And see also below

http://www.ukcisa.org.uk/International- ... dent-visa/#
As a short-term student, you must leave the UK on or before the date that your immigration permission ends. Short-term students are not allowed to apply to switch into any other immigration category while still in the UK. If you wish to continue studying in the UK after your immigration permission as a short-term student has come to an end, you will need to return home and apply for entry clearance as a Tier 4 student, or in another appropriate immigration category.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

khanmzk

Post by khanmzk » Mon Nov 23, 2015 9:02 am

TIER 4 visa rules are changing rapidly.but if your studying in a highly trusted government funded college or university.then you can apply for a diffrent course in the same university or college.otherwise if your studying
in A or B rating college then you cannot extend your visa you have to go back to your country and then apply again for there.i hope it will help..keep in mind its not a immigration advise its my personal experince.for
accurate and updated information take a second opinion from a solicitor in london.
You May see me struggling but you will never see me quitting

sah10406
Diamond Member

Post by sah10406 » Mon Nov 23, 2015 10:36 am

khanmzk wrote:keep in mind its not a immigration advise its my personal experince.for
accurate and updated information take a second opinion from a solicitor in london.
OP is not extending Tier 4, they are asking about switching from Short-Term Student to Tier 4, which is not possible under any circumstances.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.