ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

30 days vignette for TIER5

Only for UK Tier 5 (Temporary work) points system
Also includes the Youth Mobility Scheme Tier 5

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

HOLIDAYS
Newly Registered

30 days vignette for TIER5

Post by HOLIDAYS » Fri Nov 06, 2015 5:30 am

Can anyone help me please?

I have recieved TIER5 visa, but the 30 day vignette expires before my intended travel date, although I have clearly stated the date in my application, it seems it is just ignored.
I have emailed the UK visa and immigration, only for the 5th email, I got some useful replies telling me to apply for a vignette transfer. But the problem is, my current vignette expire today, can I still apply for vignette transfer or shall I just apply for a new visa?

Thanks.

vinny

Re: 30 days vignette for TIER5

Post by vinny » Fri Nov 06, 2015 6:48 am

They should not have ignored your intended travel date.

Request correction.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

HOLIDAYS
Newly Registered

Post by HOLIDAYS » Fri Nov 06, 2015 7:06 am

vinny wrote:They should not have ignored your intended travel date.

Request correction.
Thank you Vinny, it seems they didn't give me that option. Do you know where can I request for correction? The VFS officers seem know nothing except packing and delivering the application materials.

HOLIDAYS
Newly Registered

Post by HOLIDAYS » Fri Nov 06, 2015 7:09 am

vinny wrote:They should not have ignored your intended travel date.

Request correction.
Oh, I just saw the links, thank you very much, vinny. That is very helpful.

Jay2015
Newly Registered

Post by Jay2015 » Mon Nov 23, 2015 1:45 pm

I think you should still be able to apply for a vignette transfer. And a cover letter explaining the situation.

scibidibibop
Newly Registered

Post by scibidibibop » Thu Dec 03, 2015 1:06 am

In regards to the Vignette transfer,

Does any one know if you can select any date when requesting a vignette transfer?

I am applying for a tier 5 visa and am 31 in February but can't travel untill August due to work.

If i get approved can i then before the vignette month selected (3 months from application lodged date) apply for a transfer and select the date as far away as August or does it need to be the next month or 3 months from lodging the transfer application?

Thanks for any input and sorry to hijack your thread HOLIDAYS

seth_pulse
Newly Registered

Post by seth_pulse » Mon May 09, 2016 1:55 pm

Hi scibidibibop, have you got any update on your situation ? i'm in the same boat (unknowingly until recnetly)

scibidibibop
Newly Registered

Post by scibidibibop » Thu Jun 02, 2016 12:01 pm

Hi Seth pulse. I'm currently going through it now.

I've sent off my application of a vignette transfer for my intended travel month and my vignette had expired so I'm praying everything will be ok,I received a successful visa in Feb so I'm hoping a new 30 day entry will be issued without a problem.

I did do lots of research and it should be but I'm nervous as hell waiting so when I find out I'll let you know

scibidibibop
Newly Registered

Post by scibidibibop » Fri Jun 03, 2016 1:13 am

seth_pulse wrote:Hi scibidibibop, have you got any update on your situation ? i'm in the same boat (unknowingly until recnetly)
mate don't worry look up biometric residence information on the uk visa webiste in there it explains you can enter any time you just need to get a new vignette (30 day entry) you just have less time as your two years starts from you visa approval..

you can call this number 1800-640327 its a uk visa help line and costs about $3 per minute but they will tell you better advice than a forum, i honestly think you will be ok you will just have less than the 2 years left on your visa

scibidibibop
Newly Registered

Post by scibidibibop » Tue Jun 07, 2016 7:10 am

Hi All,

I know i've had the last 3 posts and they read differently (almost bipolar) but i was slightly stressed out in the first one due to a processing error where they had selected me for the wrong visa category when processing my vignette transfer causing a headache which is now sorted..

I'm just writing this to hopefully ease some stressed out minds (for which i have been one) who search in the future that are in a similar boat.. over 31 and require a vignette transfer.

I'm over 31 and have just completed the same process, i turned 31 in February and couldn't travel until late august.. i applied in january and said my intended travel date was 3 months out (early april) my vignette expired early may and 1 week* after my vignette expired i lodged a vignette transfer NOT A NEW APPLICATION saying i would be entering the country in august

This has now been completed successfully, i paid the vignette transfer costs of $369 AUD, did my biometric testing again and sent off the forms and passport with a return envelope and everything went through ok.

It seems like bottom line as long as you have applied before your 31st birthday and set you entry date to at max 3 months out that entry date is the start of your 2 years and you can change the entry date with a vignette transfer but your 2 years is still from that first entry date so the later you enter the less of the 2 years you have.

some helpful information:

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... __OLF_.pdf

"Successful applicants will be issued with a vignette in their passport which is valid for 30 days. The vignette is proof only of your permission to enter the UK and will allow you to travel to the UK. If you do not travel
to the UK within this 30 day period you will have to apply for another 30 day vignette,for which there will be an additional fee."

PHONE - 1800 640 327 - An Australian number that i think diverts to somewhere else maybe uk or Philippines and costs about $3 per minute, regardless of the cost sometimes you just need to talk to a human and they are very helpful and will guide you in the right direction.

goodluck!

cek1986
Newly Registered

Post by cek1986 » Thu Mar 30, 2017 11:39 pm

Hey,
your post has been really helpful - in the same situation myself currently and have got myself so confused with all of the forms. I've read that link you provided - thanks - did you lodge your vignette transter via the Visa4UK website?
Cheers,
Courtney