ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Reported BRP Lost But Now Found

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

lazydrew
Newly Registered

Reported BRP Lost But Now Found

Post by lazydrew » Mon Nov 23, 2015 7:28 pm

My wife lost her BRP card and Passport, she went through the rigmarole of cancelling both. She now has a new US passport and submitted an application for a new BRP 3 weeks ago, this morning she found both :roll:

She emailed the UKBA and has sent the BRP straight to them at their request, we've been told to wait 48 hours.

Does any one know the likely scenario from here is?

We are supposed to be going back to the states in 4 weeks so we're slightly concerned. :shock:

Jinbao1314
Newly Registered

Re: Reported BRP Lost But Now Found

Post by Jinbao1314 » Fri Jan 08, 2016 11:06 pm

Hi I have same situation. I lost my brp card and reported to police and home office immediately. After reported I received email back from home office say my card have been cancelled . Three days later my solicitor called me said someone found my card on street and sent to home office and home office sent to my solicitor . I wrote email to ukba said I found it and can I still use it but they asked to send this back to them . They will advised within 48 hour . I would like to ask what they normally to do with this circumstance ? What are they advised ? Do I need to apply new BRP card anyway or they can do somethings on my old card so I could still use old one ? Someone helps please !

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Reported BRP Lost But Now Found

Post by CR001 » Sat Jan 09, 2016 2:27 pm

Jinbao1314 wrote:Hi I have same situation. I lost my brp card and reported to police and home office immediately. After reported I received email back from home office say my card have been cancelled . Three days later my solicitor called me said someone found my card on street and sent to home office and home office sent to my solicitor . I wrote email to ukba said I found it and can I still use it but they asked to send this back to them . They will advised within 48 hour . I would like to ask what they normally to do with this circumstance ? What are they advised ? Do I need to apply new BRP card anyway or they can do somethings on my old card so I could still use old one ? Someone helps please !
You will need to apply for a replacement card. Your old one is cancelled and cannot be 'reactivated'.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.