ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation application prolonged & need passport back

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

communityguy
Newly Registered

Naturalisation application prolonged & need passport back

Post by communityguy » Mon Nov 23, 2015 10:23 pm

Dear experts, I need advice:

I applied for naturalisation on mid July 2015, meeting all requirements and submitting my passport and ILR biometric document. On 19th November I received a letter from HO saying my application will take longer than 6 moths due to complex circumstances (it didn't go into details or refer a case worker)

My main question: Could I request my travel documents back (without this request stopping or delaying my application?)

I saw on previous posts that contacting your MP would speed up the process, would that still work in my case?

Thank you for your help!

LilyLalilu

Re: Naturalisation application prolonged & need passport bac

Post by LilyLalilu » Mon Nov 23, 2015 10:54 pm

You can request your docs back here: https://www.gov.uk/visa-documents-returned
Won't make any changes to your application as long as you don't tick the 'withdraw application' option.
All information given is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.

communityguy
Newly Registered

Post by communityguy » Thu Nov 26, 2015 5:35 pm

thank you!

If I may ask a couple of follow up questions:

I was told that my application would take over the regular 6 months time-line because it "raises exceptionally complex issues and we require the further time to consider your case thoroughly and reach a decision"

Should I need to care/ find out what are these issues? Is there anything I could do at this stage? (Does the option of contacting my local MP to speed up the reply applies in this case?)

Thanks in advance!

LilyLalilu

Post by LilyLalilu » Thu Nov 26, 2015 11:46 pm

As per discussions in this forum, this is apparently just a standard reply they send out to cover themselves once the 6-month mark has passed or an MP has been involved.
All information given is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.

communityguy
Newly Registered

Post by communityguy » Tue Dec 01, 2015 8:45 am

thank you! and apologies for doubling up the question. best wishes