ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Problem with Switching from Tier 1 General to Tier 2 General

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

NRC
Newly Registered

Problem with Switching from Tier 1 General to Tier 2 General

Post by NRC » Mon Nov 23, 2015 10:28 am

Hi,

My employer is a recognized university in London, they were ready to give me CoS but there is only a month before my TIER1 General visa expires (23/12/2015).

I have been working with the university for more than 5 years on PSW visa and Tier1 visa, due to various reasons I want to switch to Tier2 general visa. When I contacted my HR in June 2015 to swith to Tier 2 general they informed that everything is fine to provide CoS and they will give 1 to 2 months before my visa expires.

Now they realized that they have to do resident labour test to issue a CoS, this is an error of an HR administrator who overlooked this. My work contract is up to May 2017 but my visa expires on 23/12/2015.

Can anyone please let me know what are the options I have now to extend my visa.

I was interviewed for the job in 2010 and got this job in May 2010 through the regular process when I was on PSW visa, later I moved to Tier 1 General visa.

As I have a job offer can someone sponsor me?

Any advise on my situation will be really helpful, thank you

NRC

geriatrix

Re: Problem with Switching from Tier 1 General to Tier 2 Gen

Post by geriatrix » Mon Nov 23, 2015 11:36 pm

Well, you cannot extend your visa because Tier 1 (General) leave can no longer be extended.

You can switch to Tier 2 (General) - provided you meet the requirements (including RLMT) - and can apply before 23-Dec. (or within 28 days after that). Any application to switch after 23-Dec will be an out-of-time application but if made within 28 days, will have no adverse affect under current rules.

Alternatively, ask your employer to issue a restricted CoS. Return to your home country before 23-Dec. (or within 28 days after that) and apply for entry clearance as and when the rCoS is issued.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!