ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Got caught while driving taxi (urgent suggestion)

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

naveednikka
Newly Registered

Got caught while driving taxi (urgent suggestion)

Post by naveednikka » Sun Nov 22, 2015 3:09 pm

I have been on tier 1 entrepreneur visa for more then 2 years on 50k one. a month ago i got caught while driving taxi and they curtailed my visa and now the case is in court on appeal .my quetion is what could happen in court now ? and i have been living in uk for more then 8 years and if i spend 10 years legally here like after my appeal if i get refused and i put another application like flr or what ever and spend 10 years here , will that be counted for ILR ?THANKS

Momi

Re: Got caught while driving taxi ( URGENT SUGGESTION )

Post by Momi » Sun Nov 22, 2015 9:07 pm

Where you have been caught? In London?

Momi

Post by Momi » Sun Nov 22, 2015 9:26 pm

To be honest it is not easy to defend this kind of breach of the visa. You could do any other business. Policy guidance clearly says that you can not work for anyone but can work as a director of any other company.
Start looking for other options too.

ali84
Newly Registered

Post by ali84 » Mon Nov 23, 2015 12:13 am

please give more detail about your case,you were caught by police or Home Office?

Sunnyzee007
Newly Registered

Post by Sunnyzee007 » Mon Nov 23, 2015 12:37 am

If you give us proper full detail might be we all can work it out and help u bro. Don't worry everything gonna be ok

naveednikka
Newly Registered

Post by naveednikka » Mon Nov 23, 2015 5:08 pm

police pulled me over while i was in queue waiting for passenger and they asked me to come into their car while they check about instructions from home office , as there were instructions from home office about me that i have been driving the taxi (they mentioned my taxi number and name ) and its a breach of my visa that i have got so arrest me . they took me to detention center and next day an immigration officer from home office came to see me and handed over the curtailment letter as they have all detail about me. i accepted that time i was driving taxi,i have been living in uk for more then 8 years and if i stay here 10 years by any way but legal , would i be able to get ILR after 10 years ?

Casa

Post by Casa » Mon Nov 23, 2015 5:12 pm

Not if you're here illegally. Is that what you mean? You can't apply for FLR if you lose your appeal. Under what grounds are you appealing?
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

shanky

Post by shanky » Mon Nov 23, 2015 5:18 pm

naveednikka wrote:police pulled me over while i was in queue waiting for passenger and they asked me to come into their car while they check about instructions from home office , as there were instructions from home office about me that i have been driving the taxi (they mentioned my taxi number and name ) and its a breach of my visa that i have got so arrest me . they took me to detention center and next day an immigration officer from home office came to see me and handed over the curtailment letter as they have all detail about me. i accepted that time i was driving taxi,i have been living in uk for more then 8 years and if i stay here 10 years by any way but legal , would i be able to get ILR after 10 years ?

Bit confused how come they knew that you were driving a taxi.
S

Momi

Post by Momi » Mon Nov 23, 2015 6:25 pm

Any of his well wisher has reported to home office or council has informed home office.
shanky wrote:
naveednikka wrote:police pulled me over while i was in queue waiting for passenger and they asked me to come into their car while they check about instructions from home office , as there were instructions from home office about me that i have been driving the taxi (they mentioned my taxi number and name ) and its a breach of my visa that i have got so arrest me . they took me to detention center and next day an immigration officer from home office came to see me and handed over the curtailment letter as they have all detail about me. i accepted that time i was driving taxi,i have been living in uk for more then 8 years and if i stay here 10 years by any way but legal , would i be able to get ILR after 10 years ?

Bit confused how come they knew that you were driving a taxi.

Mrchaany

Post by Mrchaany » Mon Nov 23, 2015 7:31 pm

Sorry
It means ur driven taxi not private hire
Some ions complain and report you to police

n8net
- thin ice -

Post by n8net » Tue Nov 24, 2015 11:39 am

I am sorry to hear about your case.

looks like someone who knows that your are on Ent Visa and sriving Taxi has reported you.

since you have broken the immigration rule, it is hard to argue. Consult an immigration solicitor.

as far as I am aware, Human rights and asylum seems to be the only choice.

Man2016
Newly Registered

Post by Man2016 » Sat May 21, 2016 6:40 pm

Hello naveednikka could you please update on your appeal process? Do you have family here in UK as well?

showrave
Newly Registered

Post by showrave » Sun Jun 12, 2016 12:26 pm

naveednikka wrote:I have been on tier 1 entrepreneur visa for more then 2 years on 50k one. a month ago i got caught while driving taxi and they curtailed my visa and now the case is in court on appeal .my quetion is what could happen in court now ? and i have been living in uk for more then 8 years and if i spend 10 years legally here like after my appeal if i get refused and i put another application like flr or what ever and spend 10 years here , will that be counted for ILR ?THANKS
I am soo much surprised looking at this post. r we not allowed to drive taxi on T1 Ent. policy guideline says we r allowed to be self employed or open more business. so believe taxi driving is a self employment. comment needed from senior member like zimba88 or other experienced member. many thanks.

showrave
Newly Registered

Post by showrave » Sun Jun 12, 2016 12:30 pm

@naveednikka. please let us know your appeal process.....

Mrchaany

Re: Got caught while driving taxi (urgent suggestion)

Post by Mrchaany » Sun Jun 12, 2016 1:09 pm

yes Entrepreneur visa holder are not allowed to do taxi

simple
Strong commitment, extreme faith and honesty will recognize your existence.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Sun Jun 12, 2016 1:11 pm

showrave wrote:I am soo much surprised looking at this post. r we not allowed to drive taxi on T1 Ent. policy guideline says we r allowed to be self employed or open more business. so believe taxi driving is a self employment. comment needed from senior member like zimba88 or other experienced member. many thanks.
#fail

Suggest reread guidance very very carefully. Or you are going to find yourself driving the wrong way up a one-way street to a world of pain.
If the business is a taxi firm, the main occupation is driving a taxi and you will not score points even though you manage the business. Your main activity is providing a taxi service which is not skilled to graduate level

Guidance on what is work skilled to NQF4 or above, as stated in the Codes of Practice for Tier 2 Sponsors published by the Home Office is found
on gov.uk
Ref https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... 4_2016.pdf

Think about it. How many taxi drivers does UK really need?
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Mon Jun 13, 2016 1:41 pm

I am soo much surprised looking at this post. r we not allowed to drive taxi on T1 Ent. policy guideline says we r allowed to be self employed or open more business. so believe taxi driving is a self employment. comment needed from senior member like zimba88 or other experienced member. many thanks.
You are ONLY allowed to work as a self employed in an entrepreneurial capacity, so no driving taxis, no IT contracting via agency, no acting in capacity of an employee via your company or as self employed, no contract of service, no pizza shop or delivery working, etc.
Rules were cleared up in 2014 on this.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

showrave
Newly Registered

Post by showrave » Mon Jun 13, 2016 7:05 pm

thanks zimba88, Business2business , noajthan

seasky
BANNED

Post by seasky » Tue Jun 14, 2016 2:07 pm

noajthan wrote:
Think about it. How many taxi drivers does UK really need?
This forum has many who think it is their (god/allah/jesus/budha/whatever atheists want to use) given right to live in the UK and that the T1-ent visa route is just a nuisance while they do the absolute minimum (hire 24 months worth of min wage employees) while they open a corner fast food delivery. Think about it. Does the UK really need immigrants for that purpose?

The issue is they hurt the serious t1-entrepreneurs

9elizabeth
- thin ice -

Post by 9elizabeth » Tue Jun 14, 2016 3:27 pm

Am I wrong if I understand that its purely abuse of Tier 1 Ent. visa route? And because of these kinds of abuse, the people who are entitled to get Ent. visa face difficulties?

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Tue Jun 14, 2016 3:44 pm

9elizabeth wrote:Am I wrong if I understand that its purely abuse of Tier 1 Ent. visa route? And because of these kinds of abuse, the people who are entitled to get Ent. visa face difficulties?
Yes, Tier 1E route has been extensively abused by individuals particularly as the threshold for many was brought down to as low as 50K. HO is catching up with many of the individuals who abused the system, working illegally or simply not being active in a business. So expect more difficulties, questions, interviews and hassle.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

seasky
BANNED

Post by seasky » Tue Jun 14, 2016 3:48 pm

9elizabeth wrote:Am I wrong if I understand that its purely abuse of Tier 1 Ent. visa route? And because of these kinds of abuse, the people who are entitled to get Ent. visa face difficulties?
I don't know much about other routes but T1E is clearly being abused and UKVI is hence denying 75% of applications (so I heard). Obviously that means some serious good intention entrepreneurs are getting declined as I don't expect UKVI to be that efficient in rooting out the serious from non-serious and just applying broad based criteria. Also very hi level of extensions being declined.

I mean really, is it not clear to everyone that a taxi driver is not an entrepreneur?

I understand a lot of this came about with the cancellation of post study visas, so now everyone is an entrepreneur

There used to be discretion, if you clearly had a strong application but some minor problem they would contact you to fix it. Now you just get declined.

sm12
Diamond Member

Post by sm12 » Wed Jun 15, 2016 10:19 am

Earlier HO wasn't that strict. I know of one successful applicant who got extension with a subway franchise.
That was in December though.
They have toughened up now.