ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Curtailment of Spouse's dependent visa

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Dee123
Newly Registered

Curtailment of Spouse's dependent visa

Post by Dee123 » Thu Nov 12, 2015 2:39 pm

Hi ,

I am currently in the UK on Tier 2 General visa. I have been subjected to severe harassment from my husband and as such both of us have separated and he is on my dependent visa.

As a result of our separation , I no longer want to be held responsible for his actions as he has psychological issues and he is likely to do something to put me into serious problems with the authorities here in UK.

I have written a couple of letters to the curtailment team in Manchester. However I have no response from them.

I am interested to know only if any action has been taken on my husband's visa, as I understand that I cannot be informed of the kind of action taken.

Is there any other way to contact the authorities to find out what has been done.

Any advice would be appreciated as my situation is very critical.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Curtailment of Spouse's dependent visa

Post by CR001 » Thu Nov 12, 2015 2:45 pm

No there is not. The only thing you can do is notify them of the change in circumstances. Make sure you keep all your proofs of letters.

If you have followed the guidance in the link below, there is nothing else that you need to do.

https://www.gov.uk/visas-when-you-separate-or-divorce

If your husband is harassing you, starts harassing you or becomes abusive/violent, you need to report it to the police and relevant agencies.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Dee123
Newly Registered

Post by Dee123 » Thu Nov 12, 2015 3:50 pm

Hi,

Thank you for your response.

In the meantime if my husband does something serious to put me into problem with the authorities , will I still be held responsible .

I am asking this question since I have no response on whether my curtailment request has been accepted or not.

Thanks,

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Nov 12, 2015 3:59 pm

No, it should not impact you. Suggest you make your sponsor aware of the situation too in regards to husband and HO letters you have sent.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Dee123
Newly Registered

Post by Dee123 » Fri Nov 13, 2015 12:16 pm

Hi

Thanks for your response . The divorce proceedings have commenced back in my hometown , so if I submit a copy of the the divorce petition to UKBA with an attached covering letter, would that speed up their action any further.

Thanks,

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Nov 13, 2015 12:18 pm

You can do that if you wish. They will not keep you informed of the next steps in regards to your husband, they will simply follow their processes.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Dee123
Newly Registered

Post by Dee123 » Fri Nov 13, 2015 12:20 pm

Thanks. Like you mentioned I am not interested in knowing what action they are going to take but rather I just want to be sure my husband doesn't create any problem for me.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Nov 13, 2015 12:40 pm

It should not create a problem for you as you have done what is required.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Dee123
Newly Registered

Post by Dee123 » Mon Nov 23, 2015 10:57 am

Hi,

I will be travelling pretty soon to my home town to commence the divorce proceedings.

Is there a possibility to report the curtailment of my husband's visa again at the Manchester curtailment team office at the Manchester Airport directly as I suspect they haven't received the letters I sent them so far.

I can explain the situation to them and submit a fresh set of letters if that would help.

Do you think this could work?

Any guidance is much appreciated.

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Nov 24, 2015 11:48 am

There is no need to bombard them with the same letter. How do you know they have not received it? They won't write to you, they will follow their process and don't keep you informed.

If you travel, carry the letter copies you have in case you are asked.

Why are you divorcing in your home country when you are both resident in the UK and can use the courts here?
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Dee123
Newly Registered

Post by Dee123 » Wed Nov 25, 2015 1:13 pm

Hi

I got to know that they haven't received it because I called the call centre just to check if they are in receipt of the letter.
The call centre confirmed they don't have anything on system as they would have some details normally to say they received the letter.
I decided to contest the case in my home country after consultation with some attorneys in UK.

Thanks,