ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visit Visa for my Mother

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

jibri
BANNED

Visit Visa for my Mother

Post by jibri » Thu Nov 19, 2015 11:38 am

Hi All,

I need help for my mother visit visa, she never came to UK and she is over 65, I want her here for couple of month as we are going to have baby in June 15 (IA) we would like her to be here at that time, is that strong reason and should I provide any evidence? Also I am on tier 2 visa which expires in March 16 but I will get it extend, should I apply for her after extending visa or it doesn't matter if I apply before extension or when my application is in progress?

My mother live with my brothers , My father passed away. She is our dependent now, She has nothing to show an evidence of any financial support from Pakistan like property or income or any bank account there. I was thinking to show myself as sponsor and show my bank statement from UK etc, is that enough? I heard that statements from home country must be required but she has nothing to show financially from Pakistan. Also note my brothers are not financially strong so they cannot show and bank statement from there.

Thanks

Casa

Re: Visit Visa for my Mother

Post by Casa » Thu Nov 19, 2015 12:03 pm

You will need to show strong ties to her home country in order to convince the ECO that she won't overstay her visitor visa.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

jibri
BANNED

Post by jibri » Thu Nov 19, 2015 12:13 pm

Hi Casa,

How can I show this as evidence that's what I am trying to understand. She lived with my brothers and will definitely go back. But not sure how to convince this in application.

jibri
BANNED

Post by jibri » Thu Nov 19, 2015 5:29 pm

Also is my visa is an issue?

Zee ali
Diamond Member

Post by Zee ali » Fri Nov 20, 2015 11:49 pm

jibri wrote:Also is my visa is an issue?
hi

According to your circumstances u have so much things to do in order to bring your mother over here on visit visa.

U need at least 6 months valid visa if u want to invite somebody here on visit. Your mother needs to show Business ties, property and healthy bank statement these things will make her case stronger otherwise very vry difficult to get visitor visa.
I am not an immigration adviser
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided

jibri
BANNED

Post by jibri » Tue Nov 24, 2015 1:39 pm

Thanks Zee Ali for your reply, unfortunately I am not from sound family back home so none of this can be done, will try anyway