ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Validity renewal stamp in hand-written pakistani passport

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

madmedman
Pakistan

Validity renewal stamp in hand-written pakistani passport

Post by madmedman » Mon Oct 26, 2015 11:20 pm

Hi there. I am in a bit of a dilemma here. Would appreciate you guys help. i am currently in ireland and all the family, including me have manual passports. My little one has a hand-written passport with a stamp on one of the pages that says something in the lines of "the validity of this passport may please be extended to 02/05/2016". However, the main page of the passport has an expiry date of 2014.

Now I need to get herself and others, a machine readable from the UK. Dublin embassy has no such facility. Here in comes the difficulty. Would the INIS in Burg Quay accept her passport for a re-entry visa and would I also be able to apply for a UK visa with that passport? I could get her another manual passport for her but i am running short of time. 23rd November is the deadline for these passports and I need to apply for re-entry as well as UK visa.

Anyone with any help / suggestions? Would appreciate it.

madmedman
Pakistan

Re: Validity renewal stamp in hand-written pakistani passpor

Post by madmedman » Thu Oct 29, 2015 7:41 pm

Just to update on this problem. Spoke to UKVI and they do not accept these validity stamps. I guess our embassy needs to come out of the stone age now.

cracovia445
Newly Registered

Re: Validity renewal stamp in hand-written pakistani passpor

Post by cracovia445 » Tue Nov 24, 2015 3:43 pm

Hi Bro,

Is there any news when the pakistani embassy in dublin will start issuing machine readable passports i am in same situation my passport is ending in jan 16 and cannot go anywhere to extend it!!!!!! please let me know if you have any info??