ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

OCI Application while in India

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

jilpangs

OCI Application while in India

Post by jilpangs » Wed Oct 21, 2015 10:17 pm

Hi,

Our 2 months old got UK passport and now we are planning to go to India in December 2015 for 9 months. We both parents are still holding Indian Passport (& ILR in UK).

I'm hearing OCI process will take atleast 5-6 weeks. We dont have enough time for OCI, hence going for Long term Visitor Visa for time being. Though long term visa is for 5 year, looks like one can stay only 6 months max in a stretch.

So now, we are thinking about taking Visitor Visa and then once reached india apply for OCI in India (Chennai).

Hope this is a feasible option? Can someone clarify if we need to consider anything more on this? Any other aspects that we need to be aware before taking option. Anything to be done in UK for OCI preparations?

Thanks
Jp

Anvitha3
Newly Registered

Re: OCI Application while in India

Post by Anvitha3 » Thu Oct 22, 2015 2:19 pm

hi ,
I'm in same situation. Thinking of applying visiting visa for my daugther and then applying oci in India.
If anyone travelled recently or if know any alternatives to getting OCI, please let us know

srinuuuuu
Newly Registered

Post by srinuuuuu » Fri Nov 13, 2015 1:28 pm

Hi,
This question is on behalf of my friend.

I have applied OCI for my 3 months old in UK already. As the OCI was taking longer we took a tourist visa for the baby and travelled to India. When she is in India her OCI got approved. Now I am travelling back to UK while baby and mother are staying for another 4 months. Is it legal to bring the Baby's passport with me to UK, get the OCI and send the Passport + OCI to India with a friend?

Can anyone Please answer?
-Srinuuuuu

trying123
Newly Registered

Post by trying123 » Tue Nov 24, 2015 3:55 pm

Hi,

I am on the same situation and considering to apply my new born's OCI form India after taking a tourist visa first.

Found out through a contact in India that it is possible to apply for the OCI in India and that it takes 2-3 months. Based on information I gathered online, the application can be made through https://passport.gov.in/oci/welcome

Please could you share if you were able to find out more reg this. If you already applied, request you to share the details of any documents that are required for the application form India.

Many thanks,

srinuuuuu
Newly Registered

Post by srinuuuuu » Wed Dec 02, 2015 6:06 pm

Sorry Dude,
Our situations are different. We have already applied for OCI expecting it to get approved early. As it was not happening we applied for tourist visa for the baby. Now the baby will be in India for next 5 months. we got the approval when the baby is in India and I am not sure if I can wait for 5 months and then send baby's passport for getting the OCI card or bring the Baby's passport with me, get it stamped and then send it back to her by post.

I can't see a proper answer anywhere.

trying123 wrote:Hi,

I am on the same situation and considering to apply my new born's OCI form India after taking a tourist visa first.

Found out through a contact in India that it is possible to apply for the OCI in India and that it takes 2-3 months. Based on information I gathered online, the application can be made through https://passport.gov.in/oci/welcome

Please could you share if you were able to find out more reg this. If you already applied, request you to share the details of any documents that are required for the application form India.

Many thanks,