ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

TIER 1 GENERAL DEPENDENT FOR BABY BORN IN UK

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

TIER1TRAUMA
Newly Registered

TIER 1 GENERAL DEPENDENT FOR BABY BORN IN UK

Post by TIER1TRAUMA » Tue Nov 24, 2015 6:22 pm

Hi All,

I am in the process of applying for tier 1 general dependent application from outside UK for my baby(born in the UK) and have a question. Please could someone help me out?

The baby's visa is being applied for as my dependent. I have a Tier 1 General visa valid until 11 MAY 2016. Baby plans to enter the UK in January 2016. My husband is on a Tier 2 visa which is valid until Sept 2017. Under these circumstances:

1. What should I fill in for the question for the baby's application "How long do you intend to remain in the UK". Jan 2016 to May 2016 i.e. 4 months or Jan 2016 to Sept 2017 (Father) i.e. 20 months Ref SET 7.14: If If the parents have different leave durations, it will be for the longer period.

2. If baby will be granted visa only until my visa is valid (11 May 2016), i.e. for 4 months, do we need to pay for healthcare surcharge? Or is it that since the baby's father has a longer leave to remain, baby will be granted visa until visa expiry of its father i.e. until Sept 2017? Ref SET 7.14: If If the parents have different leave durations, it will be for the longer period.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

thanks,

TIER1TRAUMA
Newly Registered

funds: TIER 1 DEPENDENT CHILD FROM OUTSIDE UK

Post by TIER1TRAUMA » Thu Dec 03, 2015 1:05 pm

Hi

I have been on tier 1 G in UK for more than an year. I have a child born in UK. I travelled with the child OUT of UK for 4 months whilst on maternity leave. Now need entry clearance for the child. I am applying ONLY for the child as a tier 1 dependent.

In this case do I need to show £1890 + £945 or £630 only in the dependent application? That is, am I, the main applicant considered to be OUTSIDE UK or WITHIN UK for >12 months for purposes of my baby's visa application?

Please help.

TIER1TRAUMA
Newly Registered

Re: funds: TIER 1 DEPENDENT CHILD FROM OUTSIDE UK

Post by TIER1TRAUMA » Fri Dec 04, 2015 11:23 am

Hi

Pls help. Really looking fwd to the inputs from the knowledgeable ppl here.
Thanks,

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri Dec 04, 2015 12:08 pm

It's complicated. There are two sets of applicable rules for a UK-born child, A280, 304-309 or 319F-319J. The former doesn't require maintenance funds, but the latter does. Unfortunately, there appears to be no forms to apply for the former.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

TIER1TRAUMA
Newly Registered

Post by TIER1TRAUMA » Sat Dec 05, 2015 2:35 am

Ok. I will not go for the NO maint funds case so with maintenance funds do I show 1890 + 945 or 630 only for the baby when I am out of UK right now but live in UK otherwise?

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Sat Dec 05, 2015 10:45 am

Click on the link "maintenance funds" that vinny has provided in his response.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!